Job Interview Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sab35263

Reaction score
Hello All,

Well I have a job interview with a power utility company next week and I do not know how to prepare technically for the interview. I am a junior civil engineer and the position is in the substructure design unit. What do you guys advise me to study to prepare for the interview? I really like that utility and has been a dream of mine to work there So, I’m really nervous and do not know where to start. Any input is greatly appreciated.

:bananalama:

Just be honest and straightforward. Confidence can go a long way. Many of their questions will most likely be looking at how well you can solve problems and handle difficult and stressful situations. Find things that you can use in your experience (7-8) that can create threads of conversation with regard to leadership, problem solving, flexibility, and work ethic. You don't give much as far as specifics of the job, is it mostly transmission design? Either way, if it's an entry level position, just be yourself and be confident, you'll do fine.

Back