It's the Worst Thing You Can Do to an Engineer!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy!

Reaction score
So, I get home from work tonight and I notice that my PE certificate arrived in the mail. Unfortunately, it had been folded in half over the latest issue of "The Sporting News".

Ain't that a pisser? I drove over 62,000 miles back and forth to college to get an engineering degree, at age 40 with four kids in the house...beat my brains out, flunked the PE exam twice before passing, and THEN when I finally get my Holy Grail, the certificate I worked for, :wtf: it's folded over.

I can overcome it when my father-in-law visits and drinks all of the beer in the fridge; and I could probably survive if I found out my best friend was hosing my wife. But the worst thing anyone can do to an engineer is to fold his certificates!

:wtf:

that sucks, they did that to my wife when she got her license (not engineering) but it took 2 months of bitching and moaning for the state to replace it.

In addition, they spelled my first name wrong: "PUAL" instead of "PAUL".

I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of engineering...I get no respect.

Geez, how unprofessional. :angry:

I'd demand a replacement with the correct name.

Seriously???

I'd go postal on all those worthless asses!!!!!!!! :angry:

Ditto on the name, that's rediculous.

My license also came bent up pretty bad, but the end that was torqued really bad was the wallet size, so the other end is OK with the frameable one.

Soooo, our certificates came in the mail OK - very surprising considering we're in the country and our mailbox leaks when it rains! BUT - I ordered my husband's PE stamp and had it delivered to our house...... UPS left it outside next to the dog's dish so he used it as a chew toy!! It doesn't matter that he had 2 rawhide bones to chew on - hey, this is new to chew on!! Funny - the garage was unlocked a few steps away and they didn't leave it in there!! So, now a battle with UPS and the stamp people.....

i'm applying for the raise that i get for having a PE, but they require me to send them a copy of the certificate. but OH has this ceremony in late august to hand them out in columbus, which is three hours away from me. and if i don't go, then i won't get it until they mail them out in september. i showed hr my number on ohio's website, but that's not good enough for them. :wtf: :cry:

I haven't gotten my certificate yet, but I did get my actual license.

It kinda looks like the title to a car, something along those lines. Heavy, cardstock paper, state letterhead/seal on it, basic green background, and my name, address, and license number in plain typed letters on it.

There was also a perforated card you could detach and carry with you in your wallet.

In some ways, it's cooler than the wall certificate. It's the real cake, while the certificate is just the icing.

yep, that's a great pickup for in a bar....Hey baby, wanna see my pe license?  :read:
So does having the wallet card qualify you to perform structural evaluations at the bar? Or maybe pipe flow analysis?

:cig:

:cig: nope... it allows you to pertorm a standard penetration test (after you pick her up)

Back