It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think in structural field it's hard for engineers to have extremely flexible schedules since availability to clients / architects to resolve problems or give Guidance in a timely fashion is important and unpredictable when it will need to be utilized. The real-time coordination is hard to detach completely from, and I know I don't want any architects knowing my personal cell number! 
This! And I don't have a company phone, nor do I give out my personal cell phone number.

Also, having a company phone wouldn't give me total flexibility either. I'd need to have a tablet or a laptop on which I could bring up plans and calculations, but my company doesn't really supply those to anyone either.

I am fairly certain 4x10 schedules were shut down when floated as an idea in the past, probably because we are a small company (11 people) and don't really have the staff to cover people utilizing flexible schedules in that capacity.

We do have flexible schedules in terms of the hours we work every day (within reason, i.e. get in between 7 am and 9 am, leave between 4 pm and 6 pm), though of course we are sometimes working much longer hours under short timelines and high pressure circumstances (like when something goes wrong in the field).

kpo.gif

I can't even find an appropriate video for how I glad I am that it's Friday and a three day weekend...So let's just try this.  I'll be twerking on my way out of the office today.

Back