It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine too for a change.  my folks are almost here for a long weekend to see the grandkid's basebase games
What is this basebase you speak of?

And for all you folks having an early Friday this week, I only have one thing to say to you: 
anigif_enhanced-buzz-3353-1371577451-9.gif

Today's my Friday.  Working from home since the AC guy is crawling around in my attic.  Light workload and the project site is having major connectivity issues, so I'm glad I didn't burn a vacation day.

these mid week holidays really suck - Id take off rest of the week but were going out of town soon and just don't want to waste vaca day being at home - I wonder how much productivity is lost these type of weeks?

Id go see a movie for a long lunch today but there just isn't shit out worth seeing!

I wonder how much productivity is lost these type of weeks?
A lot.  So much so, our site gives the extra day to two days off to the site folks if its considered a travel holiday, e.g. Thanksgiving.  They also put holds on critical lifts/placements if its the week of a holiday because of the lack of focus.

Ya the only reason I burned a vaca day was because they gave us both the 5th and 4th off. Mon. and Tue. were basically useless with a good portion of folks being off the whole week. I got a lot done but not a lot of project milestone work got done. 

Our annual trade show is middle of Nov. just before Thanksgiving. And I always chuckle when milestone dates are scheduled during that time or the week of Thanksgiving. And just about any time in Dec. too. Basically, after the end of Oct., better just plan to ramp things back up after New Years. <smh>

Back