Is it possible to re-schedule?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ee_fresh

Reaction score
Hi,

I am taking the FE in Connecticut. I sent my application for admission in December. On January 10th I received a letter from the Dept. of Consumer Protection.

"Now that you have met the eligibility requirement, you must complete the following two steps in order to secure a seat for the April 2011 exam."

The steps are:

1. Register with NCEES to get an ID number

2. Use the ID number to register with Engineering Examination Services. www.pcshq.com from Jan 14-Feb 18.

So far I have only paid $76 for the CT application fee. I have not done the above two steps.

I am wondering if any one knows about the possibility of registering for the October exam instead. Work is very busy right now, and I also have to prepare for the GRE in the near future in order to begin a master's program through RPI. The FE is actually lowest priority. And I need a LOT of time to prepare. I have the Lindeburg Review Manual. As an EE, I have no prior exposure to a lot of the thermo/mechanical/civil problems.

I am not actually registered to take the FE. I have just been approved by my state board. On the letter I received it says "If you did not report to the examination as scheduled, it is your responsibility to register for the next examination by the scheduling deadline."

The only other information is about withdrawals and refunds. I'm wondering if I just "forget" to register by Feb 18th if I can then register for the October exam.

So, has anyone done this successfully? A previous poster asked about this, but it didn't seem to be addressed.

I'll make some calls tomorrow, but I wanted some input first.

Thanks!

Update:

I called PCSHQ the day after I posted this. The guy assured me that I could register for the October exam instead, as I had not actually registered with them yet. I just have to wait till after the April registration has closed.

Very grateful.

Back