I thought I was getting dismissed from exam........scary

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since when are we using the word 'dismissed'? I've always preferred 'ejected'. 'Dismissed' is "Ok, you are free to go". 'Ejected' is a big black leather boot in your back kicking you out the door so hard you fall face down on the concrete. :)

Expelled is also a good term for it.

Ejected is get outta here and don't come back until tomorrow or until any administrative suspension runs its course.

Expelled is get outta here, you are persona non grata, and if we catch you on the premises ever again, you will be arrested for tresspassing.

Maybe I should use word expelled or rejected but the proctor used dismissed ....anyhow, it's sucks to be dismissed for something like that...wasted a lot time preparing for it for something you did like back in college..

Sorry..i was kind of busy for past few days..trying to catch up with work and life...I took the test in MD. We received the notification/paperwork to take the exam maybe like 2-3 weeks before the exam. On fine print, it's stated no pencil marking...

It's crazy that the proctors going around and checking people's book/reference though..randomly
This is not fair and total bullshit. The NCEES agreement says nothing about not being able to have pencil markings in your materials. People study for the PE for months, years, and make several notes and markings in their books while studying. And then when you get your exam notice 2-3 week prior to the exam there is some brand new off-the-wall rule where you can't have pencil note markings in your books?! They can't pull that crap. Is MD the only state that does this? Again, this is not a rule implemented by NCEES, and MD has no right to pull this out of their ass, especially in only 2-3 weeks notice. If I was the guy that got kicked out, I would file a complaint with NCEES. If that didn't work, I would file a lawsuit. I would fight this thing until the death. There is no way he should have been kicked out and lose out on the hundreds of dollars he paid and hundreds of hours of study time he put in.

Sorry..i was kind of busy for past few days..trying to catch up with work and life...I took the test in MD. We received the notification/paperwork to take the exam maybe like 2-3 weeks before the exam. On fine print, it's stated no pencil marking...

It's crazy that the proctors going around and checking people's book/reference though..randomly
This is not fair and total bullshit. The NCEES agreement says nothing about not being able to have pencil markings in your materials. People study for the PE for months, years, and make several notes and markings in their books while studying. And then when you get your exam notice 2-3 week prior to the exam there is some brand new off-the-wall rule where you can't have pencil note markings in your books?! They can't pull that crap. Is MD the only state that does this? Again, this is not a rule implemented by NCEES, and MD has no right to pull this out of their ass, especially in only 2-3 weeks notice. If I was the guy that got kicked out, I would file a complaint with NCEES. If that didn't work, I would file a lawsuit. I would fight this thing until the death. There is no way he should have been kicked out and lose out on the hundreds of dollars he paid and hundreds of hours of study time he put in.
Dude, lighten up before you have a heart attack......

Do you know who NCEES works for? The states. States have agreed to give the national exam and use the same passing scores, etc., but they can have more strict rules than the ones ncees has. For years, Illinois didn't allow you to bring in your personal notes or linderberg's books. Go ahead and call ncees - I bet they tell you the same thing.......

It sucks for the guy being thrown out, but I bet it was written in his paperwork from maryland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't pay attention to that guy.

He's an ignorant, racist, homophobic troll whose about 1 step away from being banned.
Stop spreading lies. I am not racist. You have no proof of that.

And I don't care who NCEES works for. I would sue somebody, if not NCEES then the state board. I've done it before. I don't take crap like this lightly and that guy shouldn't either. I can be a pain in the ass like hemorrhoids.

Don't pay attention to that guy.

He's an ignorant, racist, homophobic troll whose about 1 step away from being banned.
Stop spreading lies. I am not racist. You have no proof of that.
Good thing you're cool with the ignorant, homophobic, and troll parts.

As for racist...didn't think you were until you started etting upset about it.

udden, udden

In CA the proctors never checked my references for pencil marks, and I guess I lucked out by doing all of my study work in pen. I don't remember anyone getting kicked out in my group so maybe they were napping. Who knows... I just hope I passed.

I checked with CA first to make sure pencil was allowed. I started a thread about it on this site somewhere. They basically said they hold to the candidate agreement. Nothing in that mentioned pencil in the references, so it is allowed - by not being banned.

Back