I passed, now where to get PE rubber stamp?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my official TX PE certificate. wish i had NCEE pencila from exam to go with it.

I ordered a pre-inked seal from engineerseals.com on Thursday. My company provides their engineers with a self-inking stamp, but several guys I know have a pre-inked and the quality and ease of use makes it far better than the self-inking (IMO), so I went ahead and ordered it myself. I will probably use an electronic seal 99% of the time. My office has an electronic template that makes it real easy to change the name/license number, so it didn't need to order the electronic.

In respone to alnorman, use the license number that CA issues you. The NCEES number has nothing to do with your license number.
What is the difference between pre-inked and self-inking? I think they are same.

Pre-inked is where the stamp is made of some kind of porous material and the ink goes on top, usually in the handle, and keeps the stamp inked like a sponge.

Self-inking is like those return address stampers, the rubber stamp is normally facing up and pressed into an ink pad cartridge, when you push down it flips to face down and pushes into the paper, when you release it flips back around and goes back up against the pad.

Pre-inked is where the stamp is made of some kind of porous material and the ink goes on top, usually in the handle, and keeps the stamp inked like a sponge.

Self-inking is like those return address stampers, the rubber stamp is normally facing up and pressed into an ink pad cartridge, when you push down it flips to face down and pushes into the paper, when you release it flips back around and goes back up against the pad.
Thanks so much.

I don't see self-inking on engineerseals.com, only pre-inked. which is better...traditional rubber stamp + stamp pad, and pre-inked (or self-inking)?

personal preference. I have a traditional rubber stamp with a stamp pad because I never use it so why waste the money on it drying out. don't forget there are embosser types too.

Thanks so much.

I don't see self-inking on engineerseals.com, only pre-inked. which is better...traditional rubber stamp + stamp pad, and pre-inked (or self-inking)?
[link]http://www.engineerseals.com/stampinfo.php[/link]

See the link above. All three types are shown.

personal preference. I have a traditional rubber stamp with a stamp pad because I never use it so why waste the money on it drying out. don't forget there are embosser types too.
I agree, same thing I considered. I bought the embosser because I won't need to stamp things but maybe once a year and I won't have to worry about ink drying out. Also didn't want the stamp to be able to be photocopied.

What did the paper from your state say your license number was? I would use whatever they say it is
It just says the number with no letters, but I was checking some plans that were submitted to us at our job and the stamp had the person number with M for mechanical before it

Can anyone give advice on whether to stick with a rubber stamp or go for the embossed version? The engineers at my company all seem to use the rubber stamp with black ink. Thought it would be cool to have an embossed stamp. But I can see how the embossed version might not be so great on big drawings as it can damage the paper or may not be seen as easily as actual ink.

Also is engineerseals.com the place everyone is going to get these? Are they the best?

Can anyone give advice on whether to stick with a rubber stamp or go for the embossed version? The engineers at my company all seem to use the rubber stamp with black ink. Thought it would be cool to have an embossed stamp. But I can see how the embossed version might not be so great on big drawings as it can damage the paper or may not be seen as easily as actual ink.

Also is engineerseals.com the place everyone is going to get these? Are they the best?
I personally like the rubber self-inking (black) stamp that I have (also have refill ink). Keeps the stamp protected with the cover that comes with it. Since I've been with my company, I've never seen an embossed stamp from any of the PEs here. They've always been of the inked variety or digital. Engineerseals.com is also my vendor of choice. Great prices and quick shipping. And they maintain a database of each state's stamp format. So you don't have to worry about something being wrong with the stamp itself.

I have seen a few government agencies require an embossed seal on certain reports and permits.

I ordered mine (Flash Pre-Inked Engineering Stamp) through Schwaab, inc. Verify with your licensing board precisely what type of stamp you need.

My office ordered me a stamp thru engineerseals.com....it arrived yesterday (I think it only took a few days) and it looks really good! I have to say - it was MUCH more exciting to see my rubber stamp seal than it was to see my electronic seal.

I had to "practice" stamping....I think I stamped it about 10 times on pieces of scrap :p

My office ordered me a stamp thru engineerseals.com....it arrived yesterday (I think it only took a few days) and it looks really good! I have to say - it was MUCH more exciting to see my rubber stamp seal than it was to see my electronic seal.

I had to "practice" stamping....I think I stamped it about 10 times on pieces of scrap :p
Its a good feeling having a rubber made for ya! I did the same thing when i got mine...and im still stamping scrap of paper from time to time

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to order from Acorn, but went with Engineerseals after reading the positive comments from yall.

Thanks!

Back