Hydrology

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AN_US

PITA
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and tearing my hair out. What do you recommend as a good hydrology text? I don't think my CERM is enough, and I wasted an entire day downloading, printing, and reading TR-55.

Ann

Hi guys, I'm new here and tearing my hair out. What do you recommend as a good hydrology text? I don't think my CERM is enough, and I wasted an entire day downloading, printing, and reading TR-55.
Ann
In addition to the CERM, I've been using Ram Gupta's book "Hydrology and Hydraulic Systems". It is excellent and straight forward with clear example problems. I think any info you need pertaining to TR55 will be provided on the exam so your study time may be better used with other texts.

Gupta? I guess I'll check Amazon. thanks guys. I wonder if I have time, though....

Gupta? I guess I'll check Amazon. thanks guys. I wonder if I have time, though....
It is a very helpful resource. If you have access to a university library, they usually have one you may be able to check out. That's the route I am taking.

Good Luck. Are you prepping for April or October?

ktulu

It is a very helpful resource. If you have access to a university library, they usually have one you may be able to check out.
Right on - check to see if the library has a copy. I used the older text (english units) - it worked out just fine! :)

Best of luck on your exam!

JR

As long as its not in Old English, I guess I could use an older copy.

Back