How'd You Meet Your Lover?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We met in college when I got into a fight with her boyfriend at the time. Somehow we stayed in touch over the years via friends of friends. We didn't start dating until a couple years after graduation. And yes, I won the fight against the ex-boyfriend. :p

We met on Match.com, I had met others on other dating sites, wow there are some real winners out there.

I don't know what it is with me, but I always seem to only hook up at the end of a long night of partying, almost always with someone that I am just dragged along and forced into being with. I have essentially no choice in the matter; it always seems like it's just up to the man upstairs, if you know what I'm saying. Fate? I don't know. All I know is that, at the end of the night, if I am lucky (most of the time I seem to be kept in the background by my so-called "friend"), I just find myself face-to-face with my new partner, and then we're all over each other. It may just be for that one time, or it may turn into something longer-term. I just never know.

We met our freshman year of high school (fall '94)... ran around in the same group of friends in high school... started hanging out together outside of school after graduation (May '98)... We were friends all through college and didn't start officially dating until a year or so out of college (xmas '03)... I say "officially" because the world thought/assumed we were dating, we pretty much were, just never labelled it... After we started dating, it was about a year and a half before we got married(Sept '06). She says that I've been after her since the incubator because we were born 2 days apart in the same hospital.

Or maybe the circus. . .

^Ah yes, that thread I started a long time ago!
I'm just quirky and weird and am convinced that probably only other engineers will "get" me.
I used to think the same thing. But my girlfriend is (or at least was) an elephant trainer. Maybe you should check out the zoo?
It seems like there could be a joke here ...
About my "trunk"?
Absolutely ... Why else would you need an elephant trainer? :)

I met my partner at my ex-girlfriends birthday party.

She was the friend of a friend and we talked a little during the party and she asked about me, but my ex told her we were an "item" and hands off.

Later she saw my profile on Match and sent me a nasty gram asking me what I was up to on a dating site if I was still dating my ex, ...which was big news to me.

Long story short, we have been together 8 years have a house, dog, and a 10 month old.

So sometimes saying friends is good even when it isn't.

I met my squaw in 2005 at a friends bbq. We went on a few dates, hit it off, and started "dating". 2010, she proposed while we were out cycling. I love everything we share, she makes me feel whole.

Haven't met her yet. My wife's been keeping me busy so not much free time to search.

Oh wait, did you mean my wife? Lover sounds so much dirtier than wife.

Anyway, it was a setup and I had no idea until 5 years later.

I met my squaw in 2005 at a friends bbq. We went on a few dates, hit it off, and started "dating". 2010, she proposed while we were out cycling. I love everything we share, she makes me feel whole.
A Hallmark card just threw up somewhere.

Back