How'd You Meet Your Lover?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Met my wife in high school; she was a freshman when I was a senior. She was best friends with my neighbor who was like my little sister.

We didn't even date until about a year after I graduated college and moved back home. I was at the bar with my buddy, who coincidentally was our best man, got a call from my old neighbor. I invited them up to shoot pool with us. We were married a year later.

Funny side story: My wife told me that some guy was bothering her at lunch one day during her freshman year. She told me about it and apparently I picked him up out of his seat and threw him against the lockers and scared the hell out of him for her. That guy is now my brother-in-law after marrying my wife's sister.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just quirky and weird and am convinced that probably only other engineers will "get" me.
I know what you mean. If that singles forum actually gets started, you could try listing what attributes you're looking for in a partner. There are a few people here who would be happy to play matchmaker.

Plenty of fish was a mixed bag for me. There's a lot more people, because it's free. . . but a lot of those people are crazy, so you have to do a lot of weeding out.

I answered a personal ad for a lady asking:

If you Like Pina Coladas & Getting caught in the rain, if your not into Yoga, if you have half a brain, if you liking making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape, write to me and escape..

of course when I got to the bar, there was some guy names Rupert there, we got into a fight, I kicked his ass, made love with his lady in the dunes of the cape (wherever the hell that was) then the next weekend I went back to my high school girlfriend....

Ok seriously,

started dating towards the end of High School Senior Year.

I did 2 years in the Army, we got married right after I ETS out of active duty..

We both went to a small college in S. Ga (Valdosta State) married at 19....

Hers and Mine parents very upset, said we were fools, it would never last...

This coming anniversary is either 19 years of marriage or 20, I think I need to know the answer to that question before January.....

I'm glad time heals all wounds, I am a forgiving person, my wife still hates her parents for the way she was treated when she got married "so young" sad she wont let it go.. I try and tell her look, we won!

Wife the 1st was the sister of a (former) good friend of mine...knew it was a mistake to get married but we did blah blah blah, shit (divorce) happens, life goes on.

Wife the 2nd we connected via match.com, however also knew ea other previously thru working at same company back in early 90s, at which time she was on her 'starter marriage' while I had yet to take that plunge - its kooky how stuff works out sometimes...

I remember reading a rather tear-jerking story a while back about how JReng first met VTE, DV, and RG. I don't remember many of the particulars, but the one I do remember was that they met over lunch...

It's probably best they tell the story. :p

^ pretty interesting. Was it awkward when you found each other on match?
Not really. She didn't have a photo posted, but recognized me, and even after she eventually sent a pic, I still struggled to remember - probably cuz she was married at the time we knew ea other, lol. I married, we went separate directions from the one company, and both got divorced round the same gen time (2001-ish), and after kicking around the wonderful i-net dating world, chanced to connect (reconnect?) She claimed she had a crush on me way back then, so things really worked out well :D - 10 yrs together now, just passed 8 yr anniversary!

I remember reading a rather tear-jerking story a while back about how JReng first met VTE, DV, and RG. I don't remember many of the particulars, but the one I do remember was that they met over lunch...

I want to meet over lunch.

I want to meet over lunch.
Uhhh, I never met any of them. Just Fraz and MA.

It was love at first site... :wub:

Back