How much snow does it usually take to cancel schools?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
California central valley inhabitant here, what is this "snow"?
It's what you find if you drive approximately 2 hours east from your location in the winter months of a year when it decides to precipitate when the temperature is below 32 degrees!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what you find if you drive approximately 2 hours east from your location in the winter months of a year when it decides to precipitate when the temperature is below 32 degrees!
I mean, it snows a LOT in some places in California.

decent amount of ice on the roads this morning, CDOT was defin nice and cozy in their beds asleep today!

10/26/20 - 8" for the Denver Metro Area - about half the schools on 2 hour delay, Denver city schools 100% "online school"

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the Californians gravitate from Denver further to the north, you will start to see more calls for them to be closed ;)

Most Northern burbs did the 2 hour delay thing, I dont know what time they plowed the Interstates and Arterials near me but they were not running as of 9 PM last night.

For NC, the answer is usually zero inches of snow.  The damned school districts are so big, that 90 minutes north of us gets some ice and we get nothing.  I think it was last year or the year prior, that we had rain and they (north of us) had icy rain.  It was low 70's and sunny for a week straight with nothing on the ground by us, and they closed school for the district for an entire week.  

Back