How many hours you all are dedicating to study?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildsoldier PE

Reaction score
Okay, how many hours you are dedicating to study?

Usually I dedicate like 2 hours every day from monday-friday and saturdays 6 hours and sunday's 6 hours probably a little more in the weekend? how about you?

Usually I dedicate like 2 hours every day from monday-friday and saturdays 6 hours and sunday's 6 hours probably a little more in the weekend? how about you?

I have done ~550 hrs of studying for the PE exam and planning on doing another ~250 hrs for a total of 800 hrs. There are 40 days to go. I plan on taking this exam only once so I am trying to nail it on the 1st try.

I have been in study mode for almost 2yrs now and looking forward towards putting this behind me. Last year(Oct 2010), I took the FE exam (Made a mistake by never taking the FE after graduation 26 years ago). I spent 1200 hrs studying last year for the FE exam and I over did it. I could of passed it in 600 hrs, but was concerned about relearning everything I had learned in college. So I put in additional time. What I learned is you never forget, you just need to brush the cobb webs off.

I think I am ready right now for the PE exam, but by putting in another 250 hrs will reduce the risk of having to take the exam again in April.

i am doing the same as you, 2 hrs a day after work and 5-6 hrs for the past 6 weeks. i'll be increasing my study hours as the exam gets closer. i am not counting hours, what counts is that i study the correct material that's going to be on the exam. Good luck to all, it's easier than the FE but not really, hard to compare.

That is a hell of a lot!!!

That would be what would need to do the week or two before. Too much for way in advance, unless you know nothing of any of the subjects to begin with. But i guess it is about how much experience of it you have before you start.

Thorough preparation of your notes and material you bring in is over half the battle - not in learning every thing of by heart.

As far as counting every hour you do. Man, I am glad I dont live my life that way!

Last edited by a moderator:
I studied little for the FE - got lucky and passed first time.

I prepared about 500 hours (application, preparation, study, classes, etc.) for the PE:Electrical:power and passed the first time.

Back