Home Early Today

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugger926

Reaction score
Someone called in a bomb threat at work, so after standing around from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, the sheriff's department told us it would take 3 hours to clear the buildings with the dogs.

Channel 8 news in Tulsa was out their filming me walking to my truck.

The first year I worked for my agency, the building was receiving bomb threats on practically a daily basis because of some controversial legislation/rule enforcement. After all of the missed work hours, they finally decided to integrate a Duoprox™ Card Entry thing-a-ma-jiggy. I don't see where it makes the building that much more secure, but it seems to have eliminated the bomb threats.

Happy early release day !!! :BS:

JR

The first year I worked for my agency, the building was receiving bomb threats on practically a daily basis because of some controversial legislation/rule enforcement. After all of the missed work hours, they finally decided to integrate a Duoprox™ Card Entry thing-a-ma-jiggy. I don't see where it makes the building that much more secure, but it seems to have eliminated the bomb threats.

JR
Oh please...that's nothing. Right out of school I worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Jacksonville. We were in the Federal building downtown when I was there. We shared the building with the I.R.S. Talk about constant threats.

JR

Those card entry things are jokes. One strong jerk on the back door where their isn't a guard station, and you are inside. We used to come in that way anytime we forgot our pages rather than be written up. Isn't it funny that the ones that follow the rules perfectly are the ones who get laid off for stuff like being written up for forgetting badges or revising install instructions for very minor typoes.

Those card entry things are jokes. One strong jerk on the back door where their isn't a guard station, and you are inside. We used to come in that way anytime we forgot our pages rather than be written up. Isn't it funny that the ones that follow the rules perfectly are the ones who get laid off for stuff like being written up for forgetting badges or revising install instructions for very minor typoes.
They must have been cheap readers and/or cheap doors. The good ones are pretty much bulletproof, especially when coupled with an intrusion alarm tied into the card reader circuit and building alarm system that can tell of the door has been opened with a badge having been properly read.

Last edited:
They must have been cheap readers and/or cheap doors. The good ones are pretty much bulletproof, especially when coupled with an intrusion alarm tied into the card reader circuit and building alarm system that can tell of the door has been opened with a badge having been properly read.
Well, our whole outside of the building is fiberglass designed to withstand 70 mph winds. If you really want to break in, it be more logical go go through a wall than a door with a good saw (or possibly a hunting knife). The main buidling was originally a warehouse. It has tons of other engineering issues such as chronic seepage and chronic mold.

Back