Holiday Giving and Cocktail Recipes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... Dog needs a new ACL to the tune of $1500+.
^Know how you feel. We've gone thru two ACL surgeries. We took our guy Brigby both times to Washington State University's Vet. Clinic, had them preform a TPLO. Both times were successful. Had his second a year after his first, now a year after his second he's back to his old (just older) self. He doesn't fetch the ball for too long anymore, poor guy. It was a tough 8-10 weeks and put a $2.5k dent in our checkbook ea. time even with my wife's student discount. The TPLO is more expensive, but supposed to be the better option.

We're having ours done at the Tufts Vet School, which is the big vet school/hospital in the area. They felt lateral suture was the better option for her. They say if one goes, the other typically will at some point too, but she got the Bernard Pollard treatment, not a sudden snap or chronic decline.

I feel for you, our first was tough mainly not knowing if we were doing things right. Fortunately we had a 4'x4' crate to pen him in and bought a folding aluminum ramp to use for the truck. Good luck, let me know if you need any advise.

Back