HELP! Problems with CBC code on a seismic scale!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA Tech

Reaction score
Sorry for above pun...

I am using "the other boards" study materials for the Seismic exam (Lindeberg's Seismic Design book, 345 Solved Problems, & Sample Exam). They aren't based on the new '07 CBC but I figured even if the exact code sections don't match up, I'd still be able to study the code well and comprehensively.

The problem is that I'm having difficulty even finding the data in the new CBC that they're referencing in the old CBC. I can't find the Ca & Cv tables, Seismic Zoning Map, etc. I spent $30+ photocopying the library's '07 CBC Volume 2 (Ch 16-23 excl. 17) and have even gone back to look for missing tables in any appendix (no relevant ones found).

So my question to you is this:

Is anyone else using these study materials? Has anyone else had difficulty finding the relevant data in the '07 CBC?

I am seriously worried about my ability to pass this exam if I can't do simple code-related problems....

Thanks in advance,

GT

PS Is the exam as hard as I think it will be? Any previous takers' advice is welcome.

The test has been reformatted for the new code. You need 07 CBC and ASCE7-05 to answer code type questions. Hiner's book seems to be the best study book at organizing and distilling the needed info. There are links to his web site in other discussions within this Board.

Latest posts

Back