Have a job interview!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck, and please give us a brief run-down of the interview questions they threw at you. I'm very curious.

Good luck, and please give us a brief run-down of the interview questions they threw at you. I'm very curious.

I'm not sure that I can remember all the questions, but here's my best shot:

Tell us about a time that your priorities did not match your bosses priorities and what did you do?

Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it?

Tell us about a time that you hit a roadblock that you didn't see coming and how did you handle it?

Tell us about a time that things did not go the way that you planned them and what did you do?

Tell us about a time that you were given something to do that you did not know how to. How did you handle it?

Those are the ones that I remember off the top of my head. I wish I would have taken the time to write the questions down after the meetings, but I just felt like relaxing. The other questions were very similar to the ones above though.

yada yada yada

I wish I would have taken the time to write the questions down after the meetings, but I just felt like relaxing. The other questions were very similar to the ones above though.
Be careful you don't tell the forum the exact questions from your test. Some have been reported before from the board and NCEES could beat you down and revoke your license.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell us about a time that your priorities did not match your bosses priorities and what did you do?
Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it?

Tell us about a time that you hit a roadblock that you didn't see coming and how did you handle it?

Tell us about a time that things did not go the way that you planned them and what did you do?

Tell us about a time that you were given something to do that you did not know how to. How did you handle it?
Yep, that's the panel interview process. Patting myself on the back for calling it correctly.
Correct answers to all:

"Well, one time this thing happened, but I handled it this way, and learned how to better handle this type of thing, and I could see facing this type of thing again in the new job and here is how I would handle it better if I worked for you." BAM! 4 points!

Now that'll be $49.95 for W's Flawless Interview Skills Training. Tell me you got all 4's!

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I got all 4s, but they did tell me that I was providing good answers. Hopefully they were telling me the truth!

The president's assistant told me that he says what he thinks, so if he said he like my answers, he really did. That's a good sign.

Thanks for your help! If I have to go back to their office in Atl I'll buy ya a beer!

I don't know if I got all 4s, but they did tell me that I was providing good answers. Hopefully they were telling me the truth!
The president's assistant told me that he says what he thinks, so if he said he like my answers, he really did. That's a good sign.

Thanks for your help! If I have to go back to their office in Atl I'll buy ya a beer!
Is it true when he says "No" he really means "Yes"?

Is it true when he says "No" he really means "Yes"?
I'm not sure, he never told me no...

:p :D

Good luck Ble!

I have been interviewed by a panel and even been conducting panel interviews last week. :true:

The things I saw people miss:

1. What are your core values that guide your approach to work?

2. Describe the process you would take to handle a long term (regulatory) problem?

3. Why do you want to work for {insert company name}?

I was really surprised by lackluster responses in those areas.

I think it comes across impressive if you know a little something about the company and, if possible, the position.

Again, good luck!

JR

Back