Has anybody contacted NCEES (or) ELSES?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said "go away". No really if you call you just get a recording saying "results will be released 10-12 weeks after the exam date". My wife called and told me this. I didn't know she was going to call or I would have told her not to. They don't take well to people calling them and asking about it.

Thats why I don't understand why they just don't put updated information on their website. Something like "PE results will be e-mailed to candidates or mailed to state boards on xx/xx/xx". Then state boards could post their turn-around time. Guess this makes too much sense to implement. It sure would cut down on the calls and e-mails.

They said "go away". No really if you call you just get a recording saying "results will be released 10-12 weeks after the exam date". My wife called and told me this. I didn't know she was going to call or I would have told her not to. They don't take well to people calling them and asking about it.
Thats why I don't understand why they just don't put updated information on their website. Something like "PE results will be e-mailed to candidates or mailed to state boards on xx/xx/xx". Then state boards could post their turn-around time. Guess this makes too much sense to implement. It sure would cut down on the calls and e-mails.

I agree. I contacted ELSES yesterday, and they said some time next week. I sent an email to NCEES some time ago. I will post here if I get any reply.

ok, who believes that they actually go thru such a rigorous grading process? the one they claim takes so long?

I contacted ELSES earlier today.

They replied back saying, "It will be in the next week or so. You will receive an email notification when they are ready, and the email will direct you to log in to your ELSES account to access the results."

However, I am hoping it will be sooner than next week.

im not debating whether or not they grade them. im talking about having experts take the test (i mean this should only take 8 hrs, right :) ). and hand grading a select number,again this shouldnt take long its not like they're hand grading the work you did, they are hand grading your multiple choice score sheet. teachers assistants in middle school can do that quickly...

at least most of us are looking at 8 weeks instead of "10-12" as told we would have to wait. Poor california folks have to wait till the end of July. Then if you don't pass thats 4 less weeks you have available to prepare for the October exam. If I was waiting for CA results I would just go ahead and start studying again.

I think they really do some analysis on questions that everyone missed and stuff like that. I know I would if I ran the show. Hmmm... If I ran the show... Excellent idea!

I contacted ELSES earlier today.
They replied back saying, "It will be in the next week or so. You will receive an email notification when they are ready, and the email will direct you to log in to your ELSES account to access the results."

However, I am hoping it will be sooner than next week.
Just wondering which number you called. My wife called the main number and just got a recording with a standard response. How did you get to speak to a person?

im not debating whether or not they grade them. im talking about having experts take the test (i mean this should only take 8 hrs, right :) ). and hand grading a select number,again this shouldnt take long its not like they're hand grading the work you did, they are hand grading your multiple choice score sheet. teachers assistants in middle school can do that quickly...
If they work by committee, probably do since there is so much bureaucratic red tape/bs, if there is a quesionable question, they probably form a committee of experts to look at the problem then discuss the merits/lackings then have to reach a concensus on the fairness. Then present the findings back to NCEES who then has to regrade the test accordingly. Things around here work like that...it is sometimes impossible to anything done, so frustrating and time consuming.

you guys do realize that calling them isn't going to make the results get here any faster right? Just chill. You're like a bunch of kids eagerly waiting for Christmas morning, the day will arrive, thinking about it doesn't make it get here any sooner. Just relax and quit pestering people with phone calls and emails.

If they work by committee, probably do since there is so much bureaucratic red tape/bs, if there is a quesionable question, they probably form a committee of experts to look at the problem then discuss the merits/lackings then have to reach a concensus on the fairness. Then present the findings back to NCEES who then has to regrade the test accordingly. Things around here work like that...it is sometimes impossible to anything done, so frustrating and time consuming.
yes, i suppose its the red tape not the actually grading that holds things up. because the machines will tally which questions were most frequently missed. not like they have to wade thru exams looking for them. but indeed its not the grading and mistake finding thats drawing the process out. its the committee red tape. that somehow makes me feel better.

hopefully all this committee work will turn out better than the 2000 election

you go vol!! I'm glad they have a process they follow to ensure the results are fair and accurate for all of us. I'm 100% confident (pass or fail) that my test was graded accurately.

ok, who believes that they actually go thru such a rigorous grading process? the one they claim takes so long?
Yes... many of us believe these truths.

If you're not going to do some due diligence (e.g. searching these forums), it's not really worthwhile to start the discussion... NCEES does a great job!

I contacted ELSES at (877) 536-7729 today morning about 10 am. Just waited for someone to answer and I talked to a lady coprdinator. I asked her when the PE results will be available. She replied "They will be available in the next week".

I think they will be avialable on Friday, 19th.

Latest posts

Back