Happy St. Patrick's Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeb6294

Reaction score
Another thing that's a little disappointing about being on full-time telework, I don't get a chance to wear my kilt in to work. I would usually wear it for St. Paddy's Day at the VA and everyone would get a kick out of it. Hey, there wasn't anything in our safety regs about guys having to wear pants on construction sites. Although, you had to be careful wearing your kilt "the Scottish way" on site...you know, ladders and stuff.
1615987580234.png

There isn't an Irish bone in my body, but the wife and child have demanded an "Irish dinner" tonight, so instant pot corned beef it is.

Had a Ruben for lunch. Breaking out the Green River for kid-friendly themed beverages. We have a chicken in the fridge that probably needs to get cooked sooner rather than later. I didn't have room in the freezer. so no irish themed food.

Watching my favorite Irish-y movie: Boondock Saints.

And by watching, I mean it's on in the background while I'm working.

Going for the quad maple next.

Attachments

• 169243B3-0D9C-4DDC-92DA-1675881E6781.jpeg
    169243B3-0D9C-4DDC-92DA-1675881E6781.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 8
Dang, I so would love to have any of those!!

We are having Chinese food per Mrs. Kevo's orders.
Homemade or carry out? I miss Chinese food...authentic and carry out. I got spoiled in college having a roomie who was from Hong Kong and who could cook a 3 course meal with nothing more than a microwave and rice cooker.

Homemade. Mrs. Kevo doesn't want anything to do with General Tso's Chicken or egg rolls.

I can totally understand what you can do with a rice cooker. Our old one could make soups, cakes, and even steam veggies. Granted we got rid of that one when we got the instant pot but this is progress, right? I'm thinking that the instant pot copied a lot of what those older rice cookers could do.

Still, we had chicken, rice, and some cabbage (Taiwanese cabbage). I suppose it was kinda Irish.

I’m a quarter Irish, and my husband something like half Irish... We had a totally unintended somewhat Irish-seeming dinner last night: Potato Leek Soup, but with lots of fresh dill, and not puréed. It was extremely enjoyable!

@civilrobot has their priorities straight and goin' places in life!

LadySquare is half Irish (does a quarter from each side count as half?) so we had colcannon n Guinness beef stew. I ate all the colcannon. ALL OF IT. *pats belly*
Um.... we need to have a conversation about math. A quarter from each side would make her a quarter Irish.

If each side was 100% Irish, that wouldn't make LadySquare 200% Irish. It's not additive. :)

Back