Happy Leap Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know any leap babies, but of course you always hear about them on this time of the leap year cycle.

I asked my co-worker if he was going to do anything special on leap day and he simply said, "I'll be working." I know it's an honest answer but I can't stop laughing.

the Subway restaurants in the area are giving away a free cookie with every order today only.

I don't know any leap babies, but of course you always hear about them on this time of the leap year cycle.

I asked my co-worker if he was going to do anything special on leap day and he simply said, "I'll be working." I know it's an honest answer but I can't stop laughing.
technically speaking with the leap day thats an extra days work for the same salary so during leap years we make less $

I wonder why seconds just don't get increased by [6.8493 x 10^-4]?

The added day of 24hr adds 86,400 sec to a 4 yr cycle. This is 21,600 sec/yr --or-->

21,600sec (1yr/365d)(1d / 24hr)(1hr / 60min)(1min / 60 sec) = an increase of [6.8493...x 10^-4 units]

It's making "Tick......Tock" into "Tick.......Tock" no one would notice.

Science be damned!

Edit:

technically speaking with the leap day thats an extra days work for the same salary so during leap years we make less $
<---sad eyes, just ruined my morning

^^^ Only problem with lengthening the second would be the fact that after 2 years you would be "halfway" to making up that extra day. Consequently, noon would end up being midnight...

the Subway restaurants in the area are giving away a free cookie with every order today only.
Our Subways have all "regular" footlongs for $5.00 until the end of February. It started at the end of last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in my Facebook status, "It's the quadrennial extra day. Just my luck I have to work!"

Back