Happy Father's Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a good man Supe.

Regarding the aphasia, my daughter recently had a bout of that at a party. Her friends tested her for stroke, and ruled that out. We consulted with the doctor and nuerologist and did a fair amount of internet research and found that this is a side effect of migraines, after rulling out structural defects with a ct scan and an eeg. Pretty scary stuff!

Good job keeping Junior calm.

MIAF was on the Lexapro for a combination of things anxiety related. She was having mood swings out of frustration, but a lot of it was OCD related. She constantly has to go back and check stoves, light switches, door locks, etc, to the point where she can sometimes get out of the car twice to double check, to the point where it was making her late for work, etc.
Just wondering. I had a health scare a few years ago and got put on it for a few weeks.

Stick with the daddying, you seem to be good at it, and IMHO, there's nothing more rewarding.

My Dad said he was proud of both of us, and our spouses. he said, "None of y'all have moved back in the house, asked me for money, or landed in jail. Very few of my friends can say that about their children."

Mind you, his friends all have kids in their mid forties to fifties. Kind of a sad statement on the way the world is today.

But we had an awesome BBQ cookout!

Supe, you're a good dude.

You are a good man Supe.
Regarding the aphasia, my daughter recently had a bout of that at a party. Her friends tested her for stroke, and ruled that out. We consulted with the doctor and nuerologist and did a fair amount of internet research and found that this is a side effect of migraines, after rulling out structural defects with a ct scan and an eeg. Pretty scary stuff!

Good job keeping Junior calm.

That's what they told her, that it may have been related to the migraines she'd been having, which were probably intensified by the recent caffeine hike from her discovering a new found love of cappuccino. Glad to hear somebody else had gone through the same thing and it was nothing serious.

Caffeine can be a trigger for migraines, and a recent uptick in her consumption is a reasonable trend to follow. Migraines don't always come with headaches, for my wife and both kids it usually starts with degradation of vision. My wife says it looks like flashbulbs going off in her peripheral vision.

Back