Gov't jobs and the holidays...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
Anyone here get a year end/Christmas bonus?  Nothing here.

Do you guys get an employer-paid holiday lunch/party?  Nothing here - we kick in our own money and do a catered lunch in one of the conference rooms. 

How many paid days off do you guys have?  This year, we get Dec 23 and 26, and Jan 2. 

I could have paid $20 (it was cheaper last year) to attend the annual retirement party, for all the people that retired that year.  Cheap wine, cheap beer, and shitty appetizers.  Of which from other who went last year, the food was gone by 5:30 when they got there afterwork.  

We def dont get any free money. Usually we have New Years and Christmas off. This year we get the Mondays after off because it fell on Sunday.

As for Christmas party, Agency had a big one at a fancy place that i had 0 interest in going too. But our floor did a potluck party in a conference room last Friday that was fun. 

Nada here. 

I won't lie. When it comes to that, I miss working for government contractors :/

No bonuses, but typically a department/city crew lunch party for 1-2 hours I think.

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Day are normal holidays and will take an observance day if it falls on the weekend.
I typically take vacation in the middle to extend it out for a nice break if days fall right.

So this year will be 10 days off, 12/23/2017 thru 1/1/2018:
Mon 25th & Tues 26th paid holidays
Wed 27th thru Fri 29th personal vacation ( 3 days)
Mon 1st paid holiday

Back