GEORGIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Road Guy, I remember reviewing Georgia's rules about a month ago and noticed that they gave 10 points for veterens. Were you applicable for that and if so did you receive those points?

That last link was correct but for the wrong exam. Here it is straight out of the general statutes and it applies to all exams except accountants.

43-1-9 G

*** CODE SECTION *** 12/03/01

43-1-9.

Any applicant taking an examination given by any professional

licensing board except the State Board of Accountancy shall receive

points in the following manner:

(1) Any applicant who served on active duty in the armed forces of

the United States or on active duty in a reserve component of the

armed forces of the United States, including the National Guard,

for a period of one year or more, of which at least 90 days were

served during wartime or during any conflict when military

personnel were committed by the President of the United States,

shall be entitled to a credit of five points. Such points shall

be added by the person grading the examination to the grade made

by the applicant in answering the questions propounded in any such

examination;

(2) Any applicant who is a disabled veteran and who served on

active duty in the armed forces of the United States or on active

duty in a reserve component of the armed forces of the United

States, including the National Guard, during wartime or during any

conflict when military personnel were committed by the President

of the United States and who was discharged for injury or illness

incurred in line of duty shall be entitled to a credit of five

points if the disability is officially rated at less than 10

percent at the time of taking the examination. Such points shall

be added by the person grading the examination to the grade made

by the applicant in answering the questions propounded in any such

examination;

(3) Any applicant who is a disabled veteran who served on active

duty in the armed forces of the United States or on active duty in

a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States,

including the National Guard, during wartime or during any

conflict when military personnel were committed by the President

of the United States and who was discharged for injury or illness

incurred in line of duty shall be entitled to a credit of ten

points if the disability is rated at 10 percent or above at the

time of taking the examination. Such points shall be added by the

person grading the examination to the grade made by the applicant

in answering questions propounded in any such examination.

I got screwed by the Vet Points as well.

When I signed up, I actually was National Guard. At the end of AIT I changed to active duty. Did actually go over to the "Area" Egypt for about a month, but by then the "1st War was about over"

IMO I am elligible for the 5 points, but my DD214(record of military service) is sort of meesed, up because it shows most of my time my first year of duty as "national guard" and lists my overseas deployment as "training". And I dont have a record of being "activated" like most guard folks were because I was really Active Duty.. Sounds weird but I fought this battle in 98 when they wouldnt give me points for the EIT.

Part of it is my fault because I never really was concerned about it when I was "young" i.e. before college, and even though I submitted copies of contracts, pay stubs , etc, I have been unable to get it corrected, and the board can only go by the DD214 that I submitted.

But if you want comity in a state that doesnt have Vet Points, and say my score was a 69,and I was given the point to pass in GA, the state that I might want to transfer to does not have to recognize the Vet Points, and would consider my grade a 69, requiring me to take it again.. And I am 100% sure I am moving out of state when my wife finished her degree.

A good friend of mine had this happen to him when he left Ga and transfered to I think it was Nevada? BUt he had made a 65 and they would not recognize his "PE"..

But trust me I wrote letters to every elected official and talked to the VA people until I was blue in the face..

I am sorry to hear that Roadguy. I feel your pain, this coming from a guy who took the SE1 three times and did not make it. Bastards, they make the SE1 harder and at the same time, you don't have many example problems/reference books for GOOD bridge/seismic/wood areas.

I finally changed disciplines and the Civ/Str was comparatively easier. I am sure you will nail it in October. I just had to get past being in the dumps and believe me, PE EXAM IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. You gave it a pretty good shot, next time, you'll do much better.

Don't worry RoadGuy I didn't pass the first time either and I did get it this time according to the website so i'm sure you'll get it the next time. Your scores were better than mine were the first time around so you'll be in good shape plus you know what to look at more now too.

Hello there,

Sorry to read that RG. You are a real asset to young engineers. Keep your chin up and try again. You will nail it the next round. Lost a battle, not the war.

;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

Road Guy,

I'll see ya in October. :( I haven't checked the mail yet, but I'll probably get the breakdown today. It'll be tough with a September wedding. It might be another practice round.

well sorry about that tigers (I assume you were not on the website either?)

Pretty sad, I knew 8 people taking the exam and only 1 passed (I may need some new friends)

September wedding would be tough. I am going to try and re-organize my thoughts tonight and get back to studying this week.

I just orderd the traffic engineers handbook, cant believe I didnt take that book with me the 1st go round

I was not on the website. Then I got the you suck letter in the mail. My diagnostic report didn't help much at all. My worst subject in the morning was my best in the afternoon, and my best in the morning was the worst in the afternoon. I'll start studying after the Independance Day holiday. I took that book with me, but I never used it. I wonder if I should have. :dunno:

Do you do mainly traffic or a little of both?

I have already found one or two things in the Traffic handbook,which could have helped me in April. It does seem to duplicate whats already in the HCM but seems easier to find what your looking for. But I am really a "road design" person so I had to re-learn all that traffic "crap"

How did you do on the planning/construction section? I thought I had nailed those but ended up with a 50% , that and geotech were my lowest in the PM.

maybe I misread some of those ....... charts in my cerm..

I am going to work a few hundred geotech problems after the holiday before I touch anything else..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back