Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going with Arya taking down the night king next week, then the march to KL. 

+1 for Gendry & Arya

This is the best episode so far. I loved them all sitting around telling stories by the fire.

It was better than the first, but I'm getting agitated by these sub-one-hour episodes.  I did like seeing Sansa call BS on Dany ruling the north, though.

I’m going with Arya taking down the night king next week, then the march to KL. 
I like this alternative...Cersei is at the top of everyone's list.  It'll be a race to see who can get there first.

+1 for Gendry & Arya

This is the best episode so far. I loved them all sitting around telling stories by the fire.
I didn't like this episode for exactly this reason. To summarize the first two of the last six episodes:

1: awkward reunifications

2: awkward, but some funny, conversations

That's it!

I didn't like this episode for exactly this reason. To summarize the first two of the last six episodes:

1: awkward reunifications

2: awkward, but some funny, conversations

That's it!
Agreed. As the episodes slip by, I have a feeling the ending is going to be rushed and not cover as much as it could/should.

I saw last night as a goodbye to many of the main characters- since most of the ones left are the ones people seem to like, but I could be wrong.
That is probably a lot of it, so maybe after the show, viewers will look back on it as the last good times with they favorite characters. I suppose it makes sense to have that be the episode's purpose.

I think many will fall. Jon, Danny, Cersei, Jamie, The Hound... all dead.  I predict Sansa or Arya end up on the Iron Throne. My two cents:

We were out of town for Easter so we watched episode 2 last night.

Not that I care either way, but I didn't see a thing that proves the walkers are coming to Winterfell yet.  At the end, you've got a few on horseback on the horizon, but that's it.  They could very well be posing for effect while the rest of them head south.  There's the "preview" stuff at the end that seems to be fighting scenes, but I don't remember seeing any white walkers in there and is there anything that says the "previews" are scenes from the next episode or could they be scenes from any future episode?

It also looked like we only saw the night kings lieutenants - but that did appear to be winterfell they were approaching.

If King's Landing is the way it works out, it will be quite amusing to see the "oh shit" look on Cersai's face when the walkers show up and they're completely unprepared.  Like someone said before though, that'll also increase the size of the dead army exponentially.  Maybe that's when you go back to the whole Arya/Night King theory.  She sneaks in and kills the Night King as they are about to kill everyone at Winterfell and all the walkers drop dead...but like really dead dead, not white walker dead.

I hope there was some point other time at bravos other than just to learn how to kill a little better - that whole story line was hard to follow

Not that I care either way, but I didn't see a thing that proves the walkers are coming to Winterfell yet.  At the end, you've got a few on horseback on the horizon, but that's it.  They could very well be posing for effect while the rest of them head south.  There's the "preview" stuff at the end that seems to be fighting scenes, but I don't remember seeing any white walkers in there and is there anything that says the "previews" are scenes from the next episode or could they be scenes from any future episode?
I thought the same thing at first too. The post-episode previews have always been about the next episode. Nothing says that that has to be the case, and I wouldn't put it past them to use some misdirection. But the more I watch the preview, the more I think that it will be a Winterfell battle. Now whether this is the end all-be all final apocalyptic battle, or a feint/scouting/or start of a seige is open for debate.

They changed the title sequence this season. You can actually see the White Walkers advanced as terrain tiles flip to an icy-blue color. IIRC in episode 1 they were approaching the Umber keep. But I know that in episode 2, those tiles surround the Umber Keep and began a thin semi-circle around the fringe of Winterfell. There may be more hints in the episode 3 sequence. Does it fully surround Winterfell, is it a thick or thing surrounding, does the white walker army continue to move south past Winterfell - even after surrounding it?

Also, I'm not an expert on medieval battle tactics, but why are any living humans outside the city walls? I must be missing something, but I'd think that they'd want the high ground and protection of a wall? Further, it's mentioned a lot in the books, and only once in season 1, that the walls of Winterfell are built unique for Westeros, the outer walls are shorter than the inner walls. Some speculation is that it has to do with defending against the last great threat.

If King's Landing is the way it works out, it will be quite amusing to see the "oh shit" look on Cersai's face when the walkers show up and they're completely unprepared.  Like someone said before though, that'll also increase the size of the dead army exponentially. 
I'm onboard and hoping that the undead army sack King's Landing first. It makes more sense strategically and thematically. It works with the overall theme of the novels and show - petty squabbles preventing people from focusing on the big threat. Both the books and show opened by showing the threat of the Night King, and its been growing in the background the whole series. It wouldn't make sense to have the final battle with the Night King that be the the penultimate climax. Both thematically and action-content it would overshadow any battle between Jon/Danaerys and Cersei/Golden Company/Iron Islands.

that the walls of Winterfell are built unique for Westeros, the outer walls are shorter than the inner walls. Some speculation is that it has to do with defending against the last great threat.
Good way to trap your enemies if you plan on burning them...

Agreed. Had a hard time making out what was going on with so many dark scenes.

Latest posts

Back