Future Path (HIGHER EDUCATION), PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Agnostic

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just read some of NCEES annual reports. It appears that the NCEES GODS and Academic institutions are marketing/pushing for higher  academic education route prior to be eligible for the PE exam (e.i. Bachelors plus 30 more college credits prior to be eligible for the PE examination and FE exam their key metrics to be considered competent engineer). 

(1) What are your thoughts on this?

(2) What are your strategies in protecting yourself, particularly, when the NCEES GODS reorganize their terms and conditions?

(3) Do you have any exit strategies? 

This has been talked about in the past and I think ASCE was originallytrying to get this implemented for 2020. However,  I think there's a lot of extra work that needs to go into this. Are master degree programs accredited like undergraduate programs?  Master degree programs can vary so much that it could be hard to evaluate which ones are acceptable. 

What do I care? I'm grandfathered in. :D  
@Dleg,

That's true  :D . Let's suppose five to ten years from now, probably a couple of thousands of PEs will enter the market,  how would you keep your competitive edge?  

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been talked about in the past and I think ASCE was originallytrying to get this implemented for 2020. However,  I think there's a lot of extra work that needs to go into this. Are master degree programs accredited like undergraduate programs?  Master degree programs can vary so much that it could be hard to evaluate which ones are acceptable. 
Thanks. The majority seems to be going in that direction, especially, the academic institutions. This is going to increase salary entitlement, increase  engineering labor rates and increase outsourcing engineering plans and specifications. 

@Dleg,

That's true  :D . Let's suppose five to ten years from now, probably a couple of thousands of PEs will enter the market,  how would you keep your competitive edge?  
Experience + professional reputation >>>>>> education 

:dunno:

Latest posts

Back