funny pic thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
friday_gifdump_01.gif

I remember a Rodney Carrington bit about the Booby Trap. He said that the building was in the shape of "two big ole titties" and he called it the Wizard of Oz for grown men.

I remember a Rodney Carrington bit about the Booby Trap. He said that the building was in the shape of "two big ole titties" and he called it the Wizard of Oz for grown men.
We've got that here in Cincinnati. They are P&G's headquarters, but most people around here just call them the Dolly Parton towers.

300px-Cincinnati-procter-and-gamble-headquarters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
off topic but Mizzoueng...have you been to Grants farm in STL? Is it worth the visit? THinking about going there Sat

View attachment 4613
I've give a beer to anyone that knows the name (and can spell correctly without aid of the internet) of this bridge. And, no, the Dolly Parton Bridge is not correct.

Kinda looks like the JB (Jefferson Barracks) Bridge here in STL.
I was thinking the bridge on I-24 crossing the Ohio river, but its been almost 20 years since I drove that stretch of road.

Actually, we took the kiddos there Sunday for mini-mizzou1's 3rd birthday.

Its a lot of fun, the tram ride through the park can be really entertaining if the animals are cooperating. We had a longhorn walk withing 4' of the tram and just stand there and moo. All the kids on the tram were entranced and loved every second of it.

The park itself (once you get off the tram) is pretty good. it takes about 2 hours for the whole thing. The animals are usually active and makes for a good viewing. There are also bird shows and an elephant show. The bird show is usually good and they bring 4-5 kids on stage for it. Never saw the elephant show.

I'd suggest going if you can, parking is $11. One thing to note, try to get there when they open. The animals are usually awake and eating, so they are active. Plus the line is shorter. Most people show up around 11ish and plan on eating at the park, so the lines are really long. Plus there isn't a whole lot of shade is parts of the park, so the early cooler temps make for more agreeable kids.

Illinois just passed a law making purple the color to denote no trespassing. Purple lines spaces 8 inches apart on trees, posts will be officially accepted as denoting no trespassing.

What about people that are color blind?

one of the comments on the article was hilarious...basically this sign would work perfectly

No trespassing, surviors will be prosecuted.

HA! I love the Prince picture and approval.

I've got to admit that if I saw a bunch of purple lines, I would think it had to do with some GLBT issue.

Actually, we took the kiddos there Sunday for mini-mizzou1's 3rd birthday.
Its a lot of fun, the tram ride through the park can be really entertaining if the animals are cooperating. We had a longhorn walk withing 4' of the tram and just stand there and moo. All the kids on the tram were entranced and loved every second of it.

The park itself (once you get off the tram) is pretty good. it takes about 2 hours for the whole thing. The animals are usually active and makes for a good viewing. There are also bird shows and an elephant show. The bird show is usually good and they bring 4-5 kids on stage for it. Never saw the elephant show.

I'd suggest going if you can, parking is $11. One thing to note, try to get there when they open. The animals are usually awake and eating, so they are active. Plus the line is shorter. Most people show up around 11ish and plan on eating at the park, so the lines are really long. Plus there isn't a whole lot of shade is parts of the park, so the early cooler temps make for more agreeable kids.
:plusone: Grants Farm for young kids.

Back