• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Civil PE (Geotech Depth) References and Practice Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilcox88

Reaction score
I passed my exam with the help of these references in Oct 2020 and want to share their help with anyone who needs them. Below are a list of references and prices for materials I used on the exam. All are helpful in one way or another. I highly recommend the practice exams! Work problems as much as you can. The other texts are very helpful on the more conceptual questions. Message me if you are interested.

Thank you and Good Luck!
Corey Wilcox, PE (Geotech)

Texts & References
Principles of Foundation Engineering 9th Ed: Braja Das
$60​
Principles of Geotechnical Engineering 9th Ed: Braja Das
$50​
PE Civil Practice Problems 16th Ed; Revised for HCM 6th Edition; Michael Lindeburg - Pairs with CERM
$60​
Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Structures, ASCE Standard 3rd Printing
$80​
Soil Strength and Slope Stability; J. Micahel Duncan & Stephen Wright (Hardcover)
$50​
29 CFR 1926 OSHA Construction Industry Regulations & Standards
$40​

Practice Exams (No Markings, except last entry)
Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam, Geotechnical Depth Problems 3rd Ed; Bruce Wolle
$60​
Geotechnical Depth Practice Exam for Civil PE; Bruce Wolle
$40​
Practice Exam for the Civil PE Exam: Breadth + Geotechnical Depth; Infranil Goswami
$20​
Core Concepts for the Civil PE Exam: Morning Breadth Practice exams and Reference Manual Version 2; David Gruttadauria
$20​
Practice Tests Kit for PE Civil Exam Geotechnical; Ali Sheikhbahaei
$20​
Civil PE Practice Exam: Geotechnical Depth Version A (PE prepared Test Prep) (Only markings are self-created quick reference on Sheet 4)
$15​

20210219_141035.jpg20210219_141050.jpg20210219_141114.jpg20210219_141133.jpg20210219_141145.jpg20210219_141157.jpg20210219_141219.jpg20210219_141228.jpg20210219_141236.jpg20210219_141258.jpg

Hi, do you still have the soil strength and slope stability and those practice exam book available? Thank you

I passed my exam with the help of these references in Oct 2020 and want to share their help with anyone who needs them. Below are a list of references and prices for materials I used on the exam. All are helpful in one way or another. I highly recommend the practice exams! Work problems as much as you can. The other texts are very helpful on the more conceptual questions. Message me if you are interested.

Thank you and Good Luck!
Corey Wilcox, PE (Geotech)

Texts & References
Principles of Foundation Engineering 9th Ed: Braja Das
$60​
Principles of Geotechnical Engineering 9th Ed: Braja Das
$50​
PE Civil Practice Problems 16th Ed; Revised for HCM 6th Edition; Michael Lindeburg - Pairs with CERM
$60​
Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Structures, ASCE Standard 3rd Printing
$80​
Soil Strength and Slope Stability; J. Micahel Duncan & Stephen Wright (Hardcover)
$50​
29 CFR 1926 OSHA Construction Industry Regulations & Standards
$40​

Practice Exams (No Markings, except last entry)
Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam, Geotechnical Depth Problems 3rd Ed; Bruce Wolle
$60​
Geotechnical Depth Practice Exam for Civil PE; Bruce Wolle
$40​
Practice Exam for the Civil PE Exam: Breadth + Geotechnical Depth; Infranil Goswami
$20​
Core Concepts for the Civil PE Exam: Morning Breadth Practice exams and Reference Manual Version 2; David Gruttadauria
$20​
Practice Tests Kit for PE Civil Exam Geotechnical; Ali Sheikhbahaei
$20​
Civil PE Practice Exam: Geotechnical Depth Version A (PE prepared Test Prep) (Only markings are self-created quick reference on Sheet 4)
$15​

View attachment 21276View attachment 21277View attachment 21278View attachment 21279View attachment 21280View attachment 21281View attachment 21282View attachment 21283View attachment 21284View attachment 21285
Hi i need the practice exams. Do you still have it.

Yes they are still both available.
Hey, I am interested to get the soil strength and slope stability and the last three geotechnical practice books. Are you located at Orange County? How do I pay you and get the book? Or are you shipped it to me? Thank you.

Hi,
I am interested to buy some of your reference books. I can come pick them up on Monday 6/21.
Please reply back to arrange.

Wilcox
What was your go to book or books for understanding and preparing for the concept questions? The practice tests are out and I have two books by Das but reading them I didn't feel like it prepared me, and maybe didn't retain the information 4 months later. Any tips on things I should focus on or a book that would be above all else.

ractice Tests Kit for PE Civil Exam Geotechnical; Ali Sheikhbahaei
$20​
Hi, I am looking ot purchase the following two books. Do you sstill have these. Regarding the second one are ht emarkings on the answer choices? and are those removable?
Practice Tests Kit for PE Civil Exam Geotechnical; Ali Sheikhbahaei$20

Back