FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After talking to FBPE yesterday, i would be surprised we didtn get them this week.

Some one in the Texas thread said they thought Texas board got results yesterday. It could be on a state by state basis they are releasing them and the customer service reps have no clue as to were in the processes they are.

"No... we're the client, even worse" .... you are dead on balls accurate. I am amazed at how some people have no clue as to the relationship here. Do most engineers not work in the real world? Are a lot of these people government employees?

Last edited by a moderator:
"thats scary."

It is, but imagine your one of the people trying to get the results out, and some customer service reps keep calling or emailing every 30 min asking the status.

At some point i guarantee that management is telling the reps not to bother the processors anymore.

"thats scary."
It is, but imagine your one of the people trying to get the results out, and some customer service reps keep calling or emailing every 30 min asking the status.

At some point i guarantee that management is telling the reps not to bother the processors anymore.

It's a scan tron... how hard could it be? I know this is FL, but they're not counting chads...

I have no idea.

But when you have 8-10 weeks to grade a scantron exam, with no oversight what so ever, with 40,000 engineers alone around $10 million per P.E. exam, with absolutely no competition, I guarantee they have become very complacent.

No overtime, no weekends, no rush lunches.... Basically they have no reason to give a sh*t what the examinees think, or how long they wait. Just as long as they can maintain those no bid contracts with the states, and keep collecting millions, they have no reason to hire to workers or do anything different.

I have no idea.
But when you have 8-10 weeks to grade a scantron exam, with no oversight what so ever, with 40,000 engineers alone around $10 million per P.E. exam, with absolutely no competition, I guarantee they have become very complacent.

No overtime, no weekends, no rush lunches.... Basically they have no reason to give a sh*t what the examinees think, or how long they wait. Just as long as they can maintain those no bid contracts with the states, and keep collecting millions, they have no reason to hire to workers or do anything different.
true. shamefully true... and people wonder why our economy is in the toilet

I called the NCEES and spoke with ***, Manager of Exam Scoring and Fulfillment she told me they will release the results today, probably this afternoon. i also sent an email to BL to ask him if they would validate the results right away and this is what he said;

" Yes, you should be getting them today or tomorrow. We will extend the deadline at least a week from the release date so you should get it in quickly after receiving the grade if necessary.

Thank you.

BL"

Good luck everyone!

I'm removing names and leaving initials.

I don't know whether or not the employees care to have their names listed online message boards, but I would think we should all be courteous and leave names out of it

I called the NCEES and spoke with ***, Manager of Exam Scoring and Fulfillment she told me they will release the results today, probably this afternoon. i also sent an email to BL to ask him if they would validate the results right away and this is what he said;
" Yes, you should be getting them today or tomorrow. We will extend the deadline at least a week from the release date so you should get it in quickly after receiving the grade if necessary.

Thank you.

BL"

Good luck everyone!

Finnally. At least a straight forward answer. Thanks jass

I wish they could have just said something like this before.

I distinctly remember paying NCEES for a service... It wasn't a donation
Exactly!!!!!!!!
The fact people even defend it blows my mind.

They take engineers cash by the millions, somewhere in the ballpark guess of around $40 million or more a year, they work for us......

No... we're the client, even worse
Not true. The state boards are the clients to NCEES.
Your state board requires you to take an exam for licensure. They contract with NCEES to supply the exam and grade it. The state board grants the license, not NCEES. Let me put it this way - the client they worry about are the state boards.

Exactly!!!!!!!!
The fact people even defend it blows my mind.

They take engineers cash by the millions, somewhere in the ballpark guess of around $40 million or more a year, they work for us......
Yeah...... OK. Let me know how that works out for you.

Wow you sound like an abused b**ch. So no matter what its all good, too you? They can offer a test that holds little resemblance to real world engineering, be filled with erroneousness questions with multiple correct answers, and then they can take however long the feel to figure who passed the test!

I would love to hire you, so i can abuse the hell out of you.

Let me know how that works out for you.

francis.jpg

Wow you sound like an abused b**ch. So no matter what its all good, too you? They can offer a test that holds little resemblance to real world engineering, be filled with erroneousness questions with multiple correct answers, and then they can take however long the feel to figure who passed the test!

well, ignoring all the childish name calling (I can't wait for you to be part of my profession), I'm merely pointing out that whining and complaining about NCEES doesn't seem to be working for any of you and in reality, you're not their client, the state licensing boards are.

I was SGT in the Army, and Mike in Gastonia need to lighten up.... with his "Yeah...... OK. Let me know how that works out for you."

I apologize if i went to overboard there......

I dont do well with smart ass responses from third parties that have little interest in the matter at hand.

well, ignoring all the childish name calling (I can't wait for you to be part of my profession), I'm merely pointing out that whining and complaining about NCEES doesn't seem to be working for any of you and in reality, you're not their client, the state licensing boards are.

I am part of YOUR profession and have been a structural engineer for 5 years. Previously to which i was a project manager while i put myself through college after the Army.

I understand where you are coming from.

But if some of us, maybe a lot of us feel the service is inadequate, what do you suggest we do about it? Just take it?

Or maybe we start by voicing our opinions on a board about engineering.... This is the perfect place for us to start the discussion of how we feel about the service we are receiving form Ncees. Maybe we come to the conclusion that service is great, and they are doing a wonderful job.

Or maybe we decide to suggest a thread for all us to contact are state boards and demand that they revoke the no bid contracts..

Back