Flat Earthers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great response.  Smart kid. It just goes to show you that the types of people who believe this stuff are not necessarily just in the "math is hard" camp, but definitely prone to flawed and incomplete analysis.

What a great response.  Smart kid. It just goes to show you that the types of people who believe this stuff are not necessarily just in the "math is hard" camp, but definitely prone to flawed and incomplete analysis.
Yeah, I am impressed with his videos.  He reminds me of a young (and more polite) Christopher Hitchens. 

That reminds me, I saw this over the Thanksgiving break:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/27/a-flat-earthers-plan-to-launch-himself-in-a-homemade-rocket-has-been-postponed-again/?utm_term=.aaca035e1961

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/25/mad-mike-hughes-cancels-rocket-launch-prove-earth-flat/894762001/

636469560159769224-AP17324142065466.jpg

I am probably getting a little too off topic but.....

I took my boys to Amboy (mentioned in kf's articles) this past spring.  The 'Amboy Crater' there is a dormant volcano that is relatively young - last eruption was about 10,000 years ago.  There is one side of the volcano that had a breach during the eruption so it is easiest to enter on that side.  It is pretty cool walking up and into a volcano.  We took home some lava rock.  There are also salt lakes nearby.  They are dried/evaporated lakes where nothing is left but about 4" of pure white salt.  Fun to walk on.  I touched the tip of my tongue against a piece of it and HOLY SALTY!  Lastly, we went to the Kelso Dunes (also in the Mojave Desert) which are big giant sand dunes that constantly change in shape/height/location due to wind.  Fun to climb and play in.  We brought snow sleds which only worked so-so in the sand but we still had a blast.

After being closed for renovations for like 8 frickin years, the Mitchell Caverns (Mohave Desert) finally reopened.  So, I plan to take the whole family in January.  :eek:)    

amboy-crater.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg
mc-65622574474102316_o.jpg

I think I have figured them out, whomever chairs this organization is just trying to get a free ride on the next trip up the space station (if that's still a thing)

NASA posted this pic of an old space shuttle launch from the space station,  pretty obvious how flat it is, you would think they wouldn't let these types of photos out in the public realm to dispels NASA's conspiracy?

IMG_0639.JPG

Back