First Look: Fifth Generation Small Block Chevy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wanted to build a 383 (350 block and pistons with 400 crank) small block for my Camaro. Never had the right combination of time and money to make it happen.

^To tell the truth, I'm not 100% sure which connecting rods were used in that combination. I sold that car almost 20 years ago.

I always wanted to build a 383 (350 block and pistons with 400 crank) small block for my Camaro. Never had the right combination of time and money to make it happen.
I remember when those 383s first started getting popular. My first thought was that it wasn't going to be much of a trend since th SB 400 didn't have a long run and there wouldn't be many cranks to sustain the movement.

At the time, big blocks were just getting pricey and the aftermarket wasn't anyplace close to what it is like now.

^If you ever decide to part with the 327, let me know. One of these days I'm going to get back into playing with cars and I've always liked that engine. They're not as easy to find as they once were.

Anyone remember the aborted GM XV8?

genv.jpg

genv2.jpg

I wonder what, if anything, made its way to the Gen V sbc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back