Final Days Jitters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kunal

Reaction score
Suddenly my hands started trembling at work today just thinking about how much i may not be knowing of the stuff on the exam. anyone studyign last 2 days?...i feel i cant absorb anything more.

The thing is - there is so much information covered on the exam, when I go over some stuff in my head, I think about another topic that I think I need to study more, etc. I'm just taking solace in the fact that I will have my references with me, and if I forget how to do something - I will be able to look it up quickly.

At least, that's the theory....

Much more worried about the afternoon depth, rather than the morning breadth. The deeper the topics, the more difficult. After studying for the structural depth, I'm asking myself why I didn't just take the Structural I exam instead of the Civil - studying for the structural depth is pretty much the same as studying for the Structural I. I guess the benefit is that the morning will be easier. So, 1/2 of the exam will be easy, 1/2 will be difficult, with 1.33 times the studying. For the Structural I, both 1/2's would be difficult, with the same amount of studying. Maybe. I'm rambling. Peace out

Hey, Guys! Welcome to EB. And calm down. Nothing good will come from worry and being frantic. I know it's natural, I took PE many times. Even the last time (when I passed it) I was nervous. But, you have as much chance of passing as the person sitting next to you in the exam. I'm cheering for you! It takes a lot to even get to the exam. You've done well to get this far. Just keep going a few more days! Good luck, y'all.

Three years ago this week, I was in you shoes... nervous, anxious, excited, and really wishing the whole thing was over...

Here is what I did the Thursday before, or PE Eve as I called it...

-Worked a half a day - actually working was a good thing for me... it distracted me big time from the test

-Made a list of everything to pack for the test

-Had a 'comfort food' lunch - I stopped at my favorite place and grabbed a bite to eat... kind of like treating myself

-Pre-packed the car early based on my list... had the car loaded, gassed up, (checked the tires, fluids, etc)

-Spent the evening playing with the kids (again took my mind off of things)

Good luck all... I know the range of emotions you are all feeling and I wish you all success tomorrow!

^I did almost the same thing except I ended up working almost a full day. It really helped alot because of the distraction. Was hard to sleep the night before, but I at least made sure I went to bed at a decent hour.

Good luck guys, you'll do great

i had to stay overnight in nashville, so i spent the night with my uncle watching a high school baseball game. it was a great distraction, even if i was thinking about the test the whole time. Do yourself a favor and dont think about the test today. You will need all that brain power tomorrow. good luck.

Don't think of it as work.

The whole point is just to enjoy yourself.

I studied my ass off right to the end (3 times) but I would recommend taking it easy today (last day). I did take 2 days off right before the exam and just did allot of review and went over my notes. The day of the exam(s) I was not nervous and actually was calm, maybe too calm. The third time I was not quite so relaxed as this time was it, pass or fail I was done with studying and I passed. Just take one problem at a time and move on. If you get hung up on something and come back to it if you have time. DO NOT waste time on one problem, you may find that is easier said then done but just do it. if you do skip a problem just take a guess and put a mark next to the answer so you know what to come back to if time allows. Good Luck.

Back