FE October 2013...Harder than other times?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@knight

I took the exam in Calgary with PM session as "Other discipline". I thought electrical may be advanced level to pass and its been 10 years that I am out of school so lets see what will happen!

I thought you took Electrical in PM session but your post clarified it.

Guys---I couldn't make unfortunately. Anybody else in the same boat?

Wish you all good luck!!

I'm in NY, and after being out of college for almost a decade, I just found out I passed the FE exam!!!

I'm thrilled to find this out, and wish all of you the best of luck! It certainly was a bear of an exam!

YES, I thought this exam was harder than the last two I failed. Or atleast that I felt it would take too long to solve many problems I did not see before. I didnt have enough time to finish 58 problems (guessed on these) in the morning but did do about 62 correctly. And for the Afternoon, I did only 32 correctly and guess on the other 28 remaining in which again, I had not seen or knew it would take me a while to comprehend and come up with the answer.

Just checked earlier today and got the great news that I passed on my 3rd time!!

I didnt even get to see these problems so yes All were guesses (just bubbling one letter to get 25% of them correct)! Good luck to you!!!

YES, I thought this exam was harder than the last two I failed. Or atleast that I felt it would take too long to solve many problems I did not see before. I didnt have enough time to finish 58 problems (guessed on these) in the morning but did do about 62 correctly. And for the Afternoon, I did only 32 correctly and guess on the other 28 remaining in which again, I had not seen or knew it would take me a while to comprehend and come up with the answer.

Just checked earlier today and got the great news that I passed on my 3rd time!!

Oh god, I had to guess on a lot too, so hopefully I passed like you! Congrats!

Thanks Kimberly! I think we all had to guess on many of them! Thats why doing only the ones you know first is very important and then guess on the rest! Good luck and I wish you the best and to all!

I juts found out that I failed.

I'm kinda pissed becuase I gave alot of time studying. I just made the cutoff date to register on the final date. I was studying for almost 2-3 hours each night in my basement on my own using the Lynburg book. This was my first time taking the test after being out of school for 7 years.

My head must stay up and so i can take it again this year.

Sorry to hear that Iceman. I hope you try again and kick its a$$!

I studied for 3 months with 3-4 hours daily so it didn't work for me and it won't work for me in future. I may not appear to the exam next time. Im sure I will not be able to study as hard as I did already!!

Good luck all

the FE test content is changing and switching to coputer based so the amount of stuff you have to study is less...that might help

I studied for 3 months with 3-4 hours daily so it didn't work for me and it won't work for me in future. I may not appear to the exam next time. Im sure I will not be able to study as hard as I did already!!

Good luck all
Do you think a review class would help you?

Back