FE(E) review material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gitanjali

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm looking for some help on what all review material I would need. NCEES provides free downloadable handbook, this handbook is for all disciplines, correct? You will only need to refer to the sections for your particular discipline. It is my understanding that this reference handbook will be available during exam.

Do you also need FE electrical and computer by Michael R. Lindeburg ? What about any online prep class?

Gitanjali, I will suggest that you register for online class and also use  FE electrical and computer by Michael R. Lindeburg 

Download NCEES handbook and use it when you solve problems. I just passed the FE Electrical and Computer and let know if you need any help and study materials.

Hi,

It is so nice to be able to talk to someone who has done it! Congratulations!!

Could you please tell me all the review material you used? I have downloaded NCEES handbook and aware of Lindeburg's discipline specific book. NCEES handbook is all for all disciplines, you only need to study the sections applicable to you discipline, correct?   Did you buy any practice problem books? I would think it would be a good idea to purchase online practice material offered by NCEES.  

Also, did you sign up for online class or it was in classroom? Can you please recommend me online course?

I used school of PE online class but do not rely only on the materials they will provide. You can also check out http://ppi2pass.com/. Go through both free tutorial classes and decide which one that will be better for you.

I bought NCEES practice exam and also quiz bank from this site https://feprep.com/

Wish you all the best!

Online review classes are expensive. If I bought the FE review manual, downloaded the NCEES handbook, bought the online exam by NCEES and studied on my own, that should be suffice?  correct? What do you get from these online classes that you can't study yourself? Just curious? may be I should add quiz book to the above list.   

Prep classes help focus your studies. They may also help keep you on task. Some people need that. They also give you the opportunity to ask an instructor questions and/or have a concept explained in different ways.

Many people pass with self study only.

With, or without, a review class, I would recommend taking as many timed practice exams as you can.

Back