Favorite breakfast cereals

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's stll 20-30 of those cheerios ring frisbees in my parents' attic. My sister and I were frisbee fools. It was amazing, in retrospect, how many places gave away frisbees for promotions in the 70s.
I think that frisbee is played with a wii now.

I was all about the Boo Berry when I was a kid.

Now, I can't get enough of those Smart Start cereals (any kind).

I used to love Cocoa Puffs and Frosted Flakes. Now I don't really eat much cereal but when I do I go for healthy cereals like Kashi and Smart Start.

Oh and I always eat it dry. I hate milk.

As a kid my mom would only buy cheerios and rice krispies. I would sneak about a third cup of sugar into the bowl when she wasn't looking.

Now? Depends on what's on sale...favorites are Special K with almonds, frosted shredded wheat, rice krispies, life, chex...mmm...

Then, Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops.

Now, I would still eat Fruit Loops if I allowed them in the house. More realistically, granola-types with fruit and nuts.

I always liked those little boxes of cereal, the kind you could use as a bowl when you were camping. My favorite of those were Apple Jacks and Corn Pops.

Nowadays it's only Raisin Bran or Cheerios.

Then....whatever was cheapest. I can still remember having to eat the puffed wheat cereal you bought in the big plastic bag!!

NOW.....I'm so bad with the kids cereal, that a couple of months ago my wife was checking out, and the cashier said...."well you certainly have some lucky kids at home" when she ran the lucky charms, and cap'n crunch, crunch berries across the scanner....my wife had to tell her, we don't have kids, this is for my husband! lol :true:

Then: Capn Crunch, Lucky Charms, Coooookie Crisp, Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Golden Grams, Sugar/Honey Smacks, Life, the list goes on...

Now: I'll still eat a few of those above if they are around for the kids... but I prefer Honey Nut Cheerios, and Granola types of cereals (change up depending on what is on sale or sounds good every week).

For a family of 5, we can have 15 different types of cereal in our house. That is one thing we just have lots of choices on, and we rarely throw anything away, it'll get eaten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then: Lucky Charms and Frankenberry. I never did like the chocolate-type cereals.

Now: I don't eat cereal but if I did would be one of the healthier adult varieties with the occasional Lucky Charms thrown in.

As a kid, I loved Fruity Peebles, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Krispies, and anything else with sugar! I can remember when we would eat rice krispies, I would add so much sugar I would scrape it off the bottom of the bowl to eat after I finished the cereal.

Now I really don't eat cereal much anymore, but we usually keep Honey Bunchs of Oats in the house. Sometimes I still get a box of the sweet stuff, but not too often.

Then: I preferred unsweetened cereals so I could add massive amounts of sugar. My favs were rice krispies, shredded wheat (the biscuit type), chex and cheerios. My absolute favorite though was cookie crisp - my mom would never buy it for me except for special occasions.

Now: My hubby pretty much only eats honey bunches of oats, so that's what we have around the house, however I still like shredded wheat, honey nut cheerios, chex and whatever I can find on sale. I still use table sugar to sweeten my unsweetened cereal, but I try to use less than I did when I was a kid.

I don't like milk, and I typically do not eat breakfast. But, when I am pouring a bowl of cereal for the kids, I will down a handful or two or three of Honey Nut Cheerios.

Back