FAU Boca, FE Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gatormech_e

I took the FE Review conducted by FAU (Florida Atlantic University) Boca Raton, FL campus's ASME dept. Pretty decent in parts, some were not great.

The best part is that it kept me fixated on a study schedule and allowed me to brush up on some skills...

Can you ask questions and get a reply in this class? What do you do if you don't understand something? :drunk:

good morning,

the classes were live, instructor-led, on campus of FAU. some profs were better (easier to understand) than others, and yes, you can ask questions. but remember, they only have a fixed amount of time per subject, so asking too many questions will only annoy your fellow students. :D (Note: I'm just teasing you).

seriously, the profs did answer questions, and some were nice enough to even provide email/tel no so you could call afterwards if you needed to.

:w00t:

Gatormech,

How well did the class prepare you for the FE? Did you use other study materials? How long since you graduated?

Gatormech,How well did the class prepare you for the FE? Did you use other study materials? How long since you graduated?
I only used the random material from the FAU course in conjunction with the FERM ("the other board") book.

BSME = Fall 1996

MSME = Fall 2001

So, since the FE was BS level stuff, it has been 10 years!!!

You will likely surprise yourself at how much you remember when you start studying...

I wish you the best!

:thumbsup:

Thanks! I really feel like I'm trying to bail out the Titanic with a 5 gallon bucket... I've been studying math, and it's coming back, but with a lot of pain

:ZZZ:

Back