Fast food CEO: How govt regulation is driving us abroad

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ as do I. Always get weird looks from the wait staff too when I do. Just not a fan of dressing. Never have been and don't see that changing anytime soon.

As for subs, I really do enjoy Jersey Mike's occasionally. The wheat bread is actual wheat bread and the deli meat is sliced fresh (probably still high in sodium, but w/e). About $7 for a reg. (about 6") sub with all the fixings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stand dry salad. I'd rather a bowl of dressing with some salad in it.

typed while eating my big mac salad (seriously there was more lettuce than burger on this one)...

must have salad dressing, which I have been trying to go just the olive oil and balsalmic vinegar route, or else you are just eating rabbit food.

"fresh" sliced places...assuming they properly clean the slicer regularly....staffed by high schoolers and such...

at least at subway they give you the whole loaf and not gut out the best part to make room for the toppings

"fresh" sliced places...assuming they properly clean the slicer regularly....staffed by high schoolers and such...

Not here. You have to be 18 to run the slicer. I thought it was an OSHA deal, but perhaps it is local? Anyway, because of that, all the sammich shops have college age people running it. Subway has older folks.

I eat fast food, because when I want it I want it... I generally want it infrequently enough that I don't feel like I need to deny myself, and typically it's usually for breakfast anyway, so I have the rest of the day to make better choices and make up for it. I don't think two egg mcmuffins a month are going to kill me or make me gain 200 lbs, nor will they set me back on any training...

We like Ruby Tuesday to eat out at because of their salad bar. And while we have never actually been required to eat out while running errands, we will occasionally make a trip of dinner and shopping. We are on a junk food kick right now, by this I mean our dinner menu for this week includes things like homemade grilled burgers with avacado and cheesy bacon scalloped potatoes and homemade double decker taco with spanish rice.

Hopefully, the garden with herbs and veggies will enable us to have good, healthy, homegrown salads this year. last years garden was a bust, but that was ultimately my fault. We did manage one killer salad out of it, though.

Back