Experience and education evaluation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, we were properly evaluated when we where admitted to an US university. We hold higher degrees from an US university just like you do. Did you undergo an educational evaluation before taking up PE exam? Is that considered lax? If not, so is ours. The board knows how to evaluate each individuals education and professional experience. I am sure you dont work on the board and do not perform educational evaluation for living. If I were you, I would stop shooting my mouth on a subject I know nada about.
:appl:

Hi,I have a question. I have a bachelors degree from India and masters from US. Also, i have 3 years of experience. I think masters can be substituted as 1 year of experience. So i believe i am eligible for taking PE exam. But i need to do education evaluation. TX board needs no evaluation. Are there any other states that need no evaluation where i am eligible to take exam. Please suggest me.

Thanks and regards,

Sat.
please don't feel offended or leave just because of the comments of a few. Our purpose here is to help people.
Fortunately, nuts like ironman are rare in this country and is the reason why USA still attracts top talent from around the world.

ironman said:
I guess I take back the idea engineers running the world. ;)
Ironman is getting way too paranoid about non-US-born engineers taking over. All the top engineering corporate firms are run by old white guys. Having junior to mid-level engineers with educations from China, India, or Ivory Coast doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't think patriotism should apply when hiring the best engineer for the job. Engineering is about public safety by being accountable and upholding professional ethics.

By the way, engineers are already in the poor house. We get paid the least for the amount of liability we have to incur every time we stamp a drawing. No one said there would be a pot of gold when choosing this profession.
Which is why we have less and less US born kids wanting to major in it, they know they can go to school for basket weaving or just finish HS and make only slightly less than a 0-7 year experience PE so why should they endure the hardship of an engineering program when their wages will be undercut by indians and chineese comming over and being willing to work for less. The only ones in the US that will do it are the ones who math comes easy to them AND they love doing it. Everyone wonders why our kids could care less about math and science when engineers are making only slightly more (and sometimes less) than car salesmen and warehouse managers and less than cad designers. If the money is not there then people are not going to want to do it and if unemployment/underemployment (underemployment never gets counted btw so the numbers could be close to 50%) gets bad enough all you have to do is watch the history channel.
I think we have identified someone who is jealous of another's degree in Basket weaving and/or warehouse manager position...

ironman said:
Which is why we have less and less US born kids wanting to major in it, they know they can go to school for basket weaving or just finish HS and make only slightly less than a 0-7 year experience PE so why should they endure the hardship of an engineering program when their wages will be undercut by indians and chineese comming over and being willing to work for less. The only ones in the US that will do it are the ones who math comes easy to them AND they love doing it. Everyone wonders why our kids could care less about math and science when engineers are making only slightly more (and sometimes less) than car salesmen and warehouse managers and less than cad designers. If the money is not there then people are not going to want to do it and if unemployment/underemployment (underemployment never gets counted btw so the numbers could be close to 50%) gets bad enough all you have to do is watch the history channel.
Would you like some cheese to go along with that whine?

ironman said:
Ironman is getting way too paranoid about non-US-born engineers taking over. All the top engineering corporate firms are run by old white guys. Having junior to mid-level engineers with educations from China, India, or Ivory Coast doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't think patriotism should apply when hiring the best engineer for the job. Engineering is about public safety by being accountable and upholding professional ethics.

By the way, engineers are already in the poor house. We get paid the least for the amount of liability we have to incur every time we stamp a drawing. No one said there would be a pot of gold when choosing this profession.

I know what car salespeople, warehouse managers, and cad designers make. I make at least 30% and in most cases 50% more than they do and I have 6 years of experience and a master's degree.

I had barely gotten the memory of the idiocy of rppearso out of my mind before he reared his ugly head.

I don't believe it's possible to be any more ignorant than this... it's no wonder you can't find a job. Who would hire someone with such a high level of jackassery?

ironman said:
ironman said:
Yea yea good call, my bad. Never the less my point about young people entering engineering is still valid.
I hardly consider making $50k right out of school chump change. That's far more than the median household income for families in the US. My youngest brother who is getting a chemical engineering degree is looking at starting salaries closer to $65k. Those are much better numbers than the jobs you described above and beat most professions, with the exception of physicians.

ironman said:
ironman said:
Yea yea good call, my bad. Never the less my point about young people entering engineering is still valid.
I hardly consider making $50k right out of school chump change. That's far more than the median household income for families in the US. My youngest brother who is getting a chemical engineering degree is looking at starting salaries closer to $65k. Those are much better numbers than the jobs you described above and beat most professions, with the exception of physicians.
http://memagazine.asme.org/Web/Graduating_...ers_Command.cfm

ironman said:

Cry me a river.

Why don't you get off your dead ass to improve your lot instead of whining about immigrants who got off their dead asses to improve their lot?

ironman said:
Everyone wonders why our kids could care less about math and science when engineers are making only slightly more (and sometimes less) than car salesmen and warehouse managers and less than cad designers.
I hate to burden you with facts, since you seem to just ignore them. However, looking at the Bureau of Labor Statistics National Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the United States, here are the mean salaries for the people you quoted:

Car Salesmen $44,990

Warehouse Manager $60,520

Engineering Technicians $45,000 (average of different disciplines)

Engineers $80,702 (average of different disciplines)

For things that are easily verified, you should really go against your instinct of spouting opinions with no basis in fact and just STFU......

ironman said:
Cry me a river.

Why don't you get off your dead ass to improve your lot instead of whining about immigrants who got off their dead asses to improve their lot?
So degreed PE's are dead asses? You sound like a satanist.
No he was calling YOU a deadass.

ironman said:
What is a 5 year ChE PE making in your area. I know ware house managers and car salesmen making 100k a year. Maybe im simply in the wrong area, however even areas where the pay is high they have to have actual openings at high rates otherwise its really irrelavant and thats another problem is the number of applicants to the number of job openings is VERY high right now.
Depending on your area 50k is just barely enough to live in a half way decent area with a half way decent car with absolutly no money left to put in savings. At 50k a year you will likely still be partially dependant upon parents for any emergency issues (new transmission, etc). Unless you live in an ultra low cost of living area. Thats not whining thats just reality.
I don't know what a ChE is making, but I know a 6 year Civ E PE is making $80k. It likely that number is going to go up. I don't know any warehouse managers or car salesman making $100k where I live. In fact a friend of mine owns a car dealership here and I asked him about what his sales people make. The top salesman last year almost made $70k.

I agree $50 isn't much, especially if you're paying child support and alimony. But $50k is a starting salary, if you're making $50k after 5 years you're doing something wrong.

ironman said:
Everyone wonders why our kids could care less about math and science when engineers are making only slightly more (and sometimes less) than car salesmen and warehouse managers and less than cad designers.
I hate to burden you with facts, since you seem to just ignore them. However, looking at the Bureau of Labor Statistics National Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the United States, here are the mean salaries for the people you quoted:

Car Salesmen $44,990

For things that are easily verified, you should really go against your instinct of spouting opinions with no basis in fact and just STFU......
+1!

ironman said:

Keep on watching the History channel and let me know when there was a time when all was right in the US.

I highly doubt that young kids in elementary and middle school are considering the socio-economic implications when doing their homework and expressing an interest in math and science. That stuff has to be fostered and encouraged at home. I'm not going to tell my kid that she shouldn't consider engineering because the Chinese and Indian engineers will take any job opportunity from her. That's ludicrous! I've never heard of anyone losing out on a job offer because they gave it to someone who would take the same position for less money. Maybe those people who didn't get the job either weren't qualified or asked too much.

As for working for less money, who's fault is that? If you want your investments or your engineering firm to turn a profit or keep taxes low, labor costs have to be low. Also, the majority of civil engineering capital projects are government funded, so then you'll have the taxpayer complain why their taxes are so high to pay engineers to provide and maintain the infrastructure necessary to keep everyone moving and safe.

ironman said:
You can also watch the history channel of WW2 to get a good idea of the things to come.
I know exactly what you mean. But what are we supposed to do with all those PE stealing Jews after we round them up?

Car Salesmen $44,990

:appl:

Back