Exam Passing Percentage

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67%! Wow, now I'll feel really bad if I failed.

Gtech, are you in Atlanta?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man they have got to be kidding. 38% for Str I?! WTF?! 21% for repeat takers. For first timers, that's a new low as long as I've been keeping track (since 2000). Ridiculous.

Now I wish I would have paid attention to the previous years' passing rates for civil

Thanks! My guess is that the test might get harder for the next go-around. I hope I passed!

Good find!

Mechanical was even 2 percentage points lower than before! I feel even smarter! :thumbsup:

Ed

Interesting....looking at the "the other board" historical pass rates for the CE exam, it seems as though April is always easier than October. :dunno:

I think the civil pass rate is around 60%. This test was definately easier. NCEES is going to drop the hammer on October examinees....

:tone:

I think the civil pass rate is around 60%. This test was definately easier. NCEES is going to drop the hammer on October examinees....

:tone:
I know it. And traditionally, it looks as if this has been the case for a while.

That's just freakin great. :bad:

Funny you bring that up.

I took the test last October and then again in April (unfortunately).

Now granted, I was better prepared this go round - but this exam was MUCH easier in my opinion.

Afterward I was telling that to a couple of guys I work with and they told me that had always been the story - from what they'd heard.

From what they say...that is even more the case for the FE.

Who knows?

They weren't kidding about posting the results on the website in "about" 2 months.

I took the environmental exam, which had a pass rate of 73%. I root for people to pass, but I don't feel as special as if I passed one that had a miserable pass rate.

:woot: Awesome new smilie!

Latest posts

Back