Electronic file transfer - What kind of disclaimer?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCcarguy

Reaction score
Do any of you work where you put a disclamer on any electronic files that you send out? Specifically CAD files....and I'm not necessarily referring to the "Sheets" that were plotted and sealed. I'm mainly referring to the base files that you send out. We are sending design files to a surveyor and there's a question as to whether or not we need to include some kind of disclaimer or not.

Do any of you work where you put a disclamer on any electronic files that you send out? Specifically CAD files....and I'm not necessarily referring to the "Sheets" that were plotted and sealed. I'm mainly referring to the base files that you send out. We are sending design files to a surveyor and there's a question as to whether or not we need to include some kind of disclaimer or not.
I usually label the file (ie filename) as preliminary (regardless of actual status), and include a "Not for Construction" declaration in the actual file. I also save all of my non-junk e-mail pretty much forever (10 gigs currently), in case there's a court case involving something I sent out (so I can prove exactly what was sent).

Back