ECC or Computer Depth - Any comments?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techie_Junkie_PE_LEED_AP

PE, LEED AP, Ponderer of the abstract
Reaction score
I see lots of comments from Power Depth people (which I am), but what about ECC and Computer Depth?

I've especially seen very little here on Computer Depth. Anyone who has taken these probably has great advice.

How about some comments for those PEs in training?

Some helpful info might be:

-Study schedule

-Study topics

-Book List

-Review courses

I see lots of comments from Power Depth people (which I am), but what about ECC and Computer Depth?I've especially seen very little here on Computer Depth. Anyone who has taken these probably has great advice.

How about some comments for those PEs in training?

Some helpful info might be:

-Study schedule

-Study topics

-Book List

-Review courses

I took the ECC portion and this is what I did. I started studying 9 months prior to the exam and I will guess an average of about 3 hours an day. I did not have a set study schedule. I bought the "the other board" EERM, Practice Problems, 6 Minute Solutions, and Sample Exam. I then bought the Kaplan Sample Exam, PE Problems and Solutions, Referenced Review, 360 Problems and Solutions, and PE License Review. Then I bought the NCESS Sample Exam and the Electrical Discipline Sample Questions. I did not study much in the way of AC and DC machines, only what was in the "the other board" EERM for these subjects. All other items I studied and made sure that I knew why I got the correct answer. I will stress that understanding is important.

What helped me most was doing problems and looking for the theory in the "the other board" EERM. When I did not find the theory in the EERM I would add it in the applicable section and mark up the index so that I knew it was there. If the margins in the EERM were not big enough, or if I felt that a problem clarifying the theory was needed, then I would write it down on a piece of paper and file it in a 3 ring note book that had an index. Now I had the majority of my information located in two places that I was familiar with.

During the test I used the "the other board" EERM; my note book; and two texts, Principles of Communications Systems, by Taub ans Schilling, and a coworker's text on communications circuits by a man named Miller.

How about Computer Engineering module, anybody taken that one? In your opinion, what were the topics that set the computer module apart? Was there anything on VLSI or VHDL/Verilog?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back