ebay rant...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree with frazil. This person received something without sending payment, why do they deserve a 100% positive feedback?

How the hell did he get a 239 rating using money orders? If he isn't giving you the money now, another email probably wont convince him. Neg him, and if he wants to have it mutually withdrawn, he'll have to pay..... DOUBLE!

I just got screwed on my first ebay deal so far (24 feed back for me so far). I lost an auction and the next day the seller sent me an email saying he was offering me the item (no reason given why). I bought the item and paid shipping and paypaled him the money. Two weeks later this guy doesnt respond to my messages, emails and I still dont have the item.

Well when I check his feedback I notice that the original buyer left a feedback saying "Great item and fast shipping" and when I click the item link its the item I bought. So the guy basically double dipped on the auction and screwed me. The total cost with shipping was $25 so its not a mega deal but Im not going to take this laying down either. I opened a petition with Paypal to get my money back since this guy obviously shipped the item to someone else.

I opened a petition with Paypal to get my money back since this guy obviously shipped the item to someone else.
When I got screwed on e-bay once I opened a claim thru paypal, weeks went by with no resolution. I had used my credit card to fund the paypal transaction, I opened a claim with my credit card company and got my money back in a reasonable amount of time. I only fund my paypal transactions with a credit card, it is the only way I had leverage when getting screwed.

So did you use a credit card FW?

FW,

I hate to tell you this, but that is the oldest scam in the Ebay book. Ebay warns about taking "unofficial second chance offers", supposedly, the only protected ones are through the Ebay Second Chance set up.

If the guy sent you an email outside of Ebay, then you may be screwed. If he sent the second chance offer to you through "my messages" in Ebay, you should be OK

Actually it WAS official through ebay. It even gave me the option of leaving him feedback for the auction. Which of course I left as negative. Theres not way I would just take the guys word for it. Thats completely crazy. Yeah, I got it through a message on Ebay.

I just bought my wife an 'evil eye' pendant from eBay. I tip-toed with great intrepidation when placing the bid wondering if I will really get it before her B-Day (May 16th). :BS: :jerkit:

JR

Back