ebay rant...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Well I am doing some spring cleaning and getting rid of some crap on ebay....

some of these people are pure out annoying as shit...

I cant stand money orders, I list in bold letters (PAYPAL Only) I know pay-pal has its own issues (for sellers not buyers though) so nothing pisses me off to get an email after the auction is over to ask where to send the money order to :17: Jesus learn to read people..

And I also cant figure out why someone will bid on an auction just before it closes and then take a week to send in the payment (paypal) especially when its only 12 bucks anyways...

I also had a guy almost leave me negative feedback because he bought my clerks DVD and complained why its in black & white (wtf) It took me 5 emails full of links to prove to him that the movie was made that way......

oh well , whats your ebay score?

I got 204 (all positive feedback!!!!) I do way more selling than buying though..

So your the guy that tried to sell me that bootleg black-n-white movie without taking my $500 M.O. :eek:ldman:

I was only going to ask for a partial refund and buy more items from you ;)

JR

I've only bought stuff off of ebay. A boat prop, item as described, crappy seller, took a long time to ship, lied about date shipped, etc. And, a spear gun, item not as described (said it was a 48" gun, but it was really a 42" gun), shipped promptly.

yeah there are a lot of really shitty ebay sellers, I try and be honest, dont screw people on shipping, it irritates me to no end when I do buy somethign on ebay and it takes 3 weeks to receive (which sadly is the norm)

here is my ebay feedback, I try and keep folks happy

ebay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent used Ebay in 3 years. My total feedback is about 30 I think. My account is banned right now because of suspicous activities. I think someone hacked my account because the activity happend about 6 months ago and I havent used it in years. Its a great place to find stuff for cheap sometimes.

Well I am doing some spring cleaning and getting rid of some crap on ebay....
some of these people are pure out annoying as shit...

I cant stand money orders, I list in bold letters (PAYPAL Only) I know pay-pal has its own issues (for sellers not buyers though) so nothing pisses me off to get an email after the auction is over to ask where to send the money order to :eek:ldman: Jesus learn to read people..

And I also cant figure out why someone will bid on an auction just before it closes and then take a week to send in the payment (paypal) especially when its only 12 bucks anyways...

I also had a guy almost leave me negative feedback because he bought my clerks DVD and complained why its in black & white (wtf) It took me 5 emails full of links to prove to him that the movie was made that way......

oh well , whats your ebay score?

I got 204 (all positive feedback!!!!) I do way more selling than buying though..
I guess that I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by the "will you take this form of payment instead...." when it is listed as PAYPAL ONLY!

I've been on Ebay since 02, but only have a score of 26. about 10 of them are selling, the rest buying. It is alot of work to sell on there sometimes.

I search it about once a day.

I bought two parts for my dryer within the past couple of weeks. $20 total, and a few wrenches is going to keep me from buying another dryer for hopefully a good while.

I had a bearing go, the main one in the back, metal on metal, sound was piercing, then it heated up, and turned the color of the frame. Figured I'd fix it before it burnt the house down.

I never knew how simple a dryer is. A monkey could fix anything on one.

I've got 30-something, but one of them is a negative...guy was a tool though.

I got a Garmin GPS to use in the Jeep so I wanted to get one of the map programs to go with it that basically has topography for the entire country. It was going for about $150 on Garmin's site, but the going rate was about half that on eBay. This guy had his listed under some goofy section where nobody would see it unless they were really looking for that specific software. I ran across it so I ended up getting it for like $45 so I was pretty happy. Apparently he was not because he sent me an invoice that had shipping somewhere over $20. He didn't list a shipping price in the auction, but one of eBay's rules is that you can only charge actual shipping costs and this was one of those CD cases that holds 4 CD's (size of two regular jewel cases back-to-back).

Seemed a little strange that he was trying to pad the shipping just enough to get up to what most other people were getting for their software. We went back and forth for a while. He tried to claim it was because it was international shipping even after I pointed out that he listed his location as Florida and the address where I was supposed to send the money was a Florida address. Then he threatened to report me to eBay because I wasn't paying. I told him to go ahead because I had already reported him for overcharging on shipping and not selling it for the winning bid.

In the end eBay agreed with me that he was being dishonest in his tactics so I didn't get any black marks against me but they said they couldn't do anything about the negative feedback he had left. I'm not too worried about it because it doesn't affect my rating too much and I have a pretty cut-and-dry rebuttal to his feedback. Last time I checked he had my negative feedback and a few others after mine so he ended up hurting himself more than anything.

I've been on Ebay since 02, but only have a score of 26. about 10 of them are selling, the rest buying. It is alot of work to sell on there sometimes.
I search it about once a day.

I bought two parts for my dryer within the past couple of weeks. $20 total, and a few wrenches is going to keep me from buying another dryer for hopefully a good while.

I had a bearing go, the main one in the back, metal on metal, sound was piercing, then it heated up, and turned the color of the frame. Figured I'd fix it before it burnt the house down.

I never knew how simple a dryer is. A monkey could fix anything on one.
Hijack alert!!!!

DV: have you tried

http://www.repairclinic.com

they're great for both how-to information and parts that you can't get easily locally.

I've found appliances in general are pretty easy to repair.

I've bought a few things on ebay over the years, but I haven't been on there in a while.

I have an ebay story though: My dad is a Patriots seasons ticket holder. He's had tickets for more than 25 years. A couple years ago, someone used his ticket number and tried to sell his tickets on ebay. (My Dad is completely computer illiterate, had no idea what ebay was). That's not allowed and apparently the NFL monitors that. When he showed up at the next game there were other people in his seats and security guards waiting to drag him out. They said he lost his tickets forever and told him to leave. I don't think I've ever seen him so upset.

Anyway, lots of phone calls later, they realized that he was the victim, not the seller and gave him his seats back, the money for the game he missed and passes to go down on the field during one of the games -- and it just so happened to be the game I went to!! :eek:ldman:

I've bought a few things on ebay over the years, but I haven't been on there in a while.
I have an ebay story though: My dad is a Patriots seasons ticket holder. He's had tickets for more than 25 years. A couple years ago, someone used his ticket number and tried to sell his tickets on ebay. (My Dad is completely computer illiterate, had no idea what ebay was). That's not allowed and apparently the NFL monitors that. When he showed up at the next game there were other people in his seats and security guards waiting to drag him out. They said he lost his tickets forever and told him to leave. I don't think I've ever seen him so upset.

Anyway, lots of phone calls later, they realized that he was the victim, not the seller and gave him his seats back, the money for the game he missed and passes to go down on the field during one of the games -- and it just so happened to be the game I went to!! :eek:ldman:
I'm just curious, did the scammers actually sell his seats? Who was sitting in them? WOW upset is a understatement for how I would have reacted.

They didn't actually sell his seats. I reallly have no idea how they were going to pull it off. But the NFL made ebay stop the auction, they cancelled his season tickets without even telling him, and then they sold the tickets at the window the day of the game.

I'm a big fan of amazon. I'm such a nerd... all I buy are structural engineering books. :eek:ldman:

I think ebay is a bit more difficult to navigate and buy/sell than amazon and other websites. I'm just not big on auctions.

I hope thats just a patriots rule , cause I sell a few of my falcons games throughout the year. I think buying them gives me the right to do with them what I please, especially if they keep sucking and the owner keeps raising ticket prices year in year out..

I imagine the pats have a longer waiting list than do the falcants, but regardless once you buy them they should be yours to do with as you please IMO.

& for the record dont know what ebay consideres scakping (i call it capitalism) but I start all my ticket auctions below face value.

you're right -- it probably is a patriots thing. It says on their website that reselling tickets to a third party is strictly prohibited -- not even necessarily scalping.

patriots seasons tickets have a long waiting list now. So the management couldn't care less how long you've been a loyal fan. If you do anything wrong they'll kick you right out. It sucks.

glad he got it worked out though, of course I would happily trade my lax re-selling rules for a couple of super bowls.

Does the PATS charge SPL (Seat purchase licenses) i.e. paying for a license just to purchase the tickets?

Hijack alert!!!!
DV: have you tried

http://www.repairclinic.com

they're great for both how-to information and parts that you can't get easily locally.

I've found appliances in general are pretty easy to repair.

Nice site, it has alot of stuff. It had the kit I needed but was $24.50 plus shipping. Ebay wins that one. I got it for $7.95 plus shipping.

you're right -- it probably is a patriots thing. It says on their website that reselling tickets to a third party is strictly prohibited -- not even necessarily scalping.
patriots seasons tickets have a long waiting list now. So the management couldn't care less how long you've been a loyal fan. If you do anything wrong they'll kick you right out. It sucks.
true.

and they're cracking down big time. I know a lot of people got hosed when they moved to Gillette from the old Sullivan stadium. Long time season ticket holders with seats near the 50 yard line got bumped out of center to make way for new money. It does suck. It seems they're looking for reasons to get rid of longtime patrons in favor of new "up and comers" who easily have the cash to buy in.

In addition to scalping they'll strip your tickets in no time, if you get really drunk and obnoxious. This is under the guise of promoting a "family atmosphere". There is no grace period or warnings one offense and you're out.

Fraz: glad your dad made out OK.

Back