EB Survivor Challenge 3

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, questions (with answers removed) sent to opposing teams. Instructions given, make sure you spread them around to all the team members, I only sent them to one person from each team, because apparently, though I'm an admin, I can't send PM's to multiple recipients... anymore.... ahem, Knightfox, do I need to become an admin again and fix all this shit?
Sounds like operator error to me. :p

Most of the issues I've fixed are due to this thread being in the "games" section.

more importantly, make sure KF knows the difference between EST and CST. :poking:
Oh I know the difference good sir. I just mis-read it on my phone.

Similar to how I trust you know the difference between winning and losing? You know.....since your team has lost the first two rounds? Because they couldn't follow instructions? :poking:

Don't worry, I capitalized East Coast Time when I gave him the instructions.
The instructions are not the issue. I fault the game administrator for selecting a time when most people are picking up their kids and/or just getting home from work (regardless of CST, EST, etc.). Survivor fail. I think EG agreed with me on this one. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, gotta make it happen, nobody said it would be easy... in reference to the deadlines for submission. I mean, you had two days, waiting till it's time pick up the kids is your fault, not mine.

But, I'll make future submissions more convenient, like 3 AM Alaska time.

I fault the game administrator for selecting a time when most people are picking up their kids and/or just getting home from work (regardless of CST, EST, etc.). Survivor fail. I think EG agreed with me on this one. ;)
No one said you had to wait until the last minute to submit your answers. :p

I fault the game administrator for selecting a time when most people are picking up their kids and/or just getting home from work (regardless of CST, EST, etc.). Survivor fail. I think EG agreed with me on this one. ;)

ummm... if I read correctly, Sapper didn't have anyone's answers at 5:11 so stop your bickering and poking at it all...

... and get off my lawn.

ummm... if I read correctly, Sapper didn't have anyone's answers at 5:11 so stop your bickering and poking at it all...

... and get off my lawn.
no way. we submitted on time. It's not my fault he's still using dial up.

... and get off my lawn.
awww... are you sure that you read the clock right? see the big hand would have been pointing to the big twelve and the little hand would have been pointing to the big five...

Hey, gotta make it happen, nobody said it would be easy... in reference to the deadlines for submission. I mean, you had two days, waiting till it's time pick up the kids is your fault, not mine.
LOL. If that's going to be the mindset of the game where deadlines are unreasonable, the game won't last long. And furthermore, there are only 2 contributing members on our team presently. Including the one posting this. ;)

I didn't wait until the last minute. In fact, I was in a wormhole when I made the submission. Therefore time did not exist.

ftw-zoom.jpg

... and get off my lawn.
Exactly!

Things I don't have time for: That.

On a side note, when is the athletic portion of this survivor game going to kick in?

<-----day 53 of P90X-3

And we have a cross-fit trainer on our team... ;)

... and get off my lawn.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

... and get off my lawn.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.
no, not at all. just expect to be sitting and waiting to download.

wait.gif

LOL. If that's going to be the mindset of the game where deadlines are unreasonable, the game won't last long. And furthermore, there are only 2 contributing members on our team presently. Including the one posting this.
Now, now, now Kfox, you know deep down that two days to come up with some random funny bullshit question about magical engineering is more than reasonable... and as far as the two guys participating, okay, vote the others off, kind of the point.

I'm not sure exactly why there is as much animosity on this game as I am sensing, but I'm just trying to have fun... if it's not fun, we can scrap it... trust me I never get offended when a game idea doesn't work out, it's just for fun, no need to waste time if it sucks.. we'll move on to something else.

As far as the bickering between the teams, I thought that was kind of part of it. If it's too much I can back down.

No, good natured competitive bickering is fine, but I'm sensing a general lack of interest and even annoyance at the timelines to do tasks. My thing is I don't want this game to drag out for 4 months, so I'm trying to move it along at about tw challenges per week or so, that alone will put it ending in about 2 months.

Back