EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have any actionable intel or useful reads? because it feel like we're shooting blind
Day 1 votes are almost always blind. Day 2 votes usually aren't much better informed. Even when we could use PMs, there wasn't much of a coalition or useful voting block by the second vote. The cop would still have to be a little cautious to avoid making themselves or their ally(s) a target.

At least in the old method, we could feel each other out via PM without comprising too much infosec. In this version of the game, we have to air everything in the open for all to see. We're still figuring each other out this round. I expect the conversation to pick up by day 3 or 4. 

Further, The cop is more valuable than a JoAT in that they are the only one who can investigate - and investigate every night. The cop is to lose the towns best weapon.  There are two JoATs, to lose one early game isn't as big a blow to the town. The cop would be foolish to announce anything at this point in the game.

I've got a hypothesis going based on last night's vote. I have little confidence in it but I have nothing else to work with, don't see any other useful information coming in the near future, so I feel it's worth testing.

Day 1 votes are almost always blind. Day 2 votes usually aren't much better informed. Even when we could use PMs, there wasn't much of a coalition or useful voting block by the second vote. The cop would still have to be a little cautious to avoid making themselves or their ally(s) a target.

At least in the old method, we could feel each other out via PM without comprising too much infosec. In this version of the game, we have to air everything in the open for all to see. We're still figuring each other out this round. I expect the conversation to pick up by day 3 or 4. 

Further, The cop is more valuable than a JoAT in that they are the only one who can investigate - and investigate every night. The cop is to lose the towns best weapon.  There are two JoATs, to lose one early game isn't as big a blow to the town. The cop would be foolish to announce anything at this point in the game.

I've got a hypothesis going based on last night's vote. I have little confidence in it but I have nothing else to work with, don't see any other useful information coming in the near future, so I feel it's worth testing.
It's hard for me to read this 4-way or 6-way votes. 1 v 1 votes are much easier to draw conclusions from.

Ten players remain. Assume three mafia. So we basically have to take out a mafia member in the next two votes or we lose.

Eight of ten players have voted today.

My ratings below are predicated on the hypothesis I alluded too above. It could very well be disproven tonight and these ratings should be considered tomorrow.

Players I'm suspicious of:

jk, jean, salty

Players I doubt are mafia:

chart, ryan, bly, duran

idk

nikr, txjen

It's hard to get a read on anything from yesterday's or today's posts thus far. We've already lost two townies and have to make our vote count tonight.

The multiple person ties are hard to gauge, but at least people are voting, and voting often. 

I'm going to stick with my vote from yesterday and repeat it again today. @MadamPirate PE, I hereby vote for @JayKay PE because she's just too quiet. This isn't normal per previous games.

Ten players remain. Assume three mafia. So we basically have to take out a mafia member in the next two votes or we lose.

Eight of ten players have voted today.

My ratings below are predicated on the hypothesis I alluded too above. It could very well be disproven tonight and these ratings should be considered tomorrow.

Players I'm suspicious of:

jk, jean, salty

Players I doubt are mafia:

chart, ryan, bly, duran

idk

nikr, txjen
Curious how I ended up on the suspicious list, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I'm hoping that more info will demonstrate my innocence.

I tend to follow RB because he's so good at analyzing everything, but I've also found that every time I change my vote I end up in trouble. Probably will take the wait and see approach.

Back