EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@_TheDude_needs a better username. I miss their old name tbh but at least one without an underscore!! Lol
idk

giphy.gif
 > 
edisto-beach-state-park-022.gif

You’re me2. so when you pass you’ll be me2 PE. 
:plusone:

This feels like internet bullying, but I agree. 
I say this as someone with an underscored username elsewhere lol. I tend to mess up where folks have put underscores or dashes or periods in usernames and i think its common. At @_TheDude_ did it at the beginning but I still wanna remove the underscore when I @ them   

Trrrrriplenporto
Yes.  I'm trying to understand how triplen harmonics work, and it's still kind of a mystery to me.  I mean, I get what they are (subset of zero sequence harmonics which are the 3rd, 9th, 15th, 21st and 27th fundamentals), but I'm having a hard time finding a reference that confirms the third harmonic components are three times the phase currents.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off-topic, but your post reminded me to look at something lol.

All of you are participating in a nationally broadcasted knitting competition. None of you are sure how you got here, sitting in a canvas chair with a blindfold over your eyes. You feel a bundle on your lap - soft, squishy, and a little pointy. @LyceeFruit PE tries to remove their blindfold, and a hand slaps hers, whispering “no peeking, that’s cheating!” Clicking sounds are happening in the background, as well as faint chatter. The lights on the stage come up, and the very relaxing music starts to play, as the host of the competition, world renowned knitwear designer @tj_PE comes out to greet the audience.

“Hello, hello, and welcome to the Final Knitdown! I’m your host, @tj_PE and these lovely folks you see before you are our contestants! This is part reality show, part slow television, and is going to be TONS OF FUN! Contestants, please remove your blindfolds to see your fiiiiiiirst challenge!”

All of you remove your blindfolds, looking blearily around you. The lights are bright, the crowd in the studio is clapping - and there is FUN FUR in your lap!? @Chattaneer PE squeals and throws the bundle off their lap, momentarily horrified at how life-like the substance appears. After sheepishly picking the yarn and needles back up, all of you look at the paper beneath the Fun Fur, describing your challenge.

“Aren’t you just SO EXCITED to design a modern, but not too modern balaclava with such a SCRUMPTIOUS FIBER?!” shrieks @tj_PE pulling back a curtain. Behind the curtain sit @vhab49_PE and @leggo PE, as @tj_PE starts clapping. “AND HERE ARE YOUR JUDGES, OH MY GOSH THIS IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOO MUCH FUN! Extra materials are available, go ahead and start!” 

All of the contestants start to knit - or something resembling knitting at least. A long buffet table is wheeled out, full of tea and snacks that don’t get hands dirty. @jean15paul_PE and @_TheDude_ get up and head over to the beverage area, chatting and knitting while they step their tea (oolong for jean, earl grey for Dude). @_TheDude_ drops his project innocently, giggling as they bend down to pick it up from the other side of the table, @jean15paul_PE sees the tablecloth rustle - there’s someone under the table!

“Are you cheating, @_TheDude_?!” Shrieks @jean15paul_PE coming around the table to find a fully completed balaclava on @_TheDude_s new needles, only needing to be bound off. 

At this commotion, the rest of the contestants rise from their overstuffed recliners, knitting needles held tightly in a menacing manner. “Cheating?! How DARE YOU!” screams @JayKay PE, “I’m putting my SOUL into this balaclava! And I CANNOT believe he put MILK in his EARL GREY!!! LEMON IS THE ONLY THING YOU CAN ADD TO EARL GREY!!!!!” An elbow bumps the table, shaking the large tureen of water for tea. @_TheDude_, sitting on the floor, looks up at the wobbly tureen nervously. “I didn’t, I swear, I - aaaaagggh!” A hip bumps the beverage table and the tureen tips over, pouring scalding hot water over @_TheDude_s prone figure. His skin starts sliding off his face, as the group mobs him. Scissors flash, coming out of knitting bags and pockets to slide into @_TheDude_’s boiling flesh. Blood spatters, landing on the floor, faces, and hands. The live studio audience is cheering in the background, demanding more blood. 

Minutes later, the group disperses back to their comfortable chairs. Hands and arms are wiped off with babywipes, knitting is picked up and resumed. A frazzled technical assistant quietly wheels the extra recliner off the stage, saying a soft prayer to save them from yet another murderous reality tv show - that dating game was too much. @tj_PE coughs, "Wow, that tea water was FAR hotter than it should have been. Whoops!"

@_TheDude_ was mafia.

I knew @_TheDude_ was suspicious.

I saw them the other day at Jo-Ann's giving one of the clerks a hard time because they wouldn't accept a 20% off coupon that had expired the previous day. The store manager got involved, it was a whole thing. I'm not surprised they thought they could get away with cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say this as someone with an underscored username elsewhere lol. I tend to mess up where folks have put underscores or dashes or periods in usernames and i think its common. At @_TheDude_ did it at the beginning but I still wanna remove the underscore when I @ them   
Lol, my typing on my phone makes me seem super serious (I was not being serious about internet bullying).  I have a dash in a username on another site and it's complete hell when they overhauled the system so they no longer supported username with special characters.  But I couldn't change my username to something similar since everything else was taken?  So I had to learn my user number to log in and it was horrible.

As for my displeasure of the dude name...it's mostly the underscore.  Such a pain to @ when on my phone, and I forget what the first special character is all the time.  Is it a star?  A dash?  An underscore?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trrrrriplenporto
Yes.  I'm trying to understand how triplen harmonics work, and it's still kind of a mystery to me.  I mean, I get what they are (subset of zero sequence harmonics which are the 3rd, 9th, 15th, 21st and 27th fundamentals), but I'm having a hard time finding a reference that confirms the third harmonic components are three times the phase currents.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off-topic, but your post reminded me to look at something lol.
This is JK trying to post 'trippple post' while on their phone, trying to juggle a hot bowl of potato soup, while also watching a Christmas baking championship series.

All I remember about harmonics is from college and that when h=3, it's a zero sequence based on the phasing/rotation.  Triplen harmonics sound terrifying and I'm not going to even dive into them.

His skin starts sliding off his face

@tj_PE coughs, "Wow, that tea water was FAR hotter than it should have been. Whoops!

@_TheDude_ was mafia.
1. Oh God, this again. Does that even happen? (You and JayKay are repressing some intense violent urges here.)

2. Nice.

3. Nice!
1.  Sometimes.  When work is frustrating, the only way to relieve tension is to make the skin of someone's face slough off.  I'm happy @MadamPirate PE is joining me in writing ultra gruesome murders (and I'm happy I made mafia no longer kid-friendly).  As for skin sliding off the face after extreme temperature application: yes.

2. Too hot tea water can lead to unpleasant seeping.  I am disappointed in @tj_PE as a judge.

3. Nice.

Back