EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'll make up the teams first, then round up/down depending on the roles/strength of the teams. @JayKay PE always joins at the last minute when I mod to mess with me and make me re-do the teams anyway, so no biggie.
I am appalled by this accusation.

@JayKay PE please send me a PM with whatever formula you used to determine number of townies vs mafs, as well as details on the Cassandra role. I'm going to use the same format you did with townies, cop, doctor, mafia and Cassandra. Thanks!
I usually divide by 4 and then decide if I want to round up or down based on an intestinal feeling. But I always determine the number before I start the random selection.

Was this the shortest WTTS? I feel they released earlier than usual...
By the calendar date? Yes, Dec 1 was the earliest we've ever seen an October release.

By days elapsed? No, it was only 40 days this cycle. I think they shortest wait (ignore Jan '21) was 35(?) days. Even I was shocked by how quick that lasted. That was for an April offering. I think the shortest October release was 38 days.

By days waiting with an active WttS thread? No, some April WttS threads were of shorter duration.

We have 20 players signed up. Is this the largest mafia round to date? Here is the list of players I have. I'm going to lock the list at noon today and start assigning roles and try to come up with a theme. If you're not on this list an would like to play, please let me know.

If there is an asterisk by your name, it means you're a new player and will be granted immunity on the first day. This means you can't die/get voted out the first day or night. Also, in celebration of this being the last WTTS, I'm granting our founding Mafia godfather @ChebyshevII PE immunity on the first day. I joined the mafia game during the October '19 WTTS and it was great therapy!

Game will start Monday and roles will be sent out Monday morning.

1638538752304.png

Welcome to the No Frills All Kills MASSIVE 21 Person Free For All.

There are townsfolk (townies) and Mafia members. Townsfolk are going to try to eliminate the Mafia with extreme prejudice before the Mafia eliminates them. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

The game will start tomorrow, Tuesday December 15, 2020. Lynching will be allowed on the first day. Mafia can lynch the first night.

The Mafia members are going to privately tell me who they would like to eliminate during the night. I will reveal to everyone what happened the next morning with some mediocre storytelling.

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was.

In addition to regular townsfolk and members of the Mafia, there is also a Doctor and a Cop. The Doctor can choose someone to “save” during the night; if they choose the same person the Mafia chose, then that player will escape elimination by the Mafia that night. The Cop can “investigate” players during the night.

The Mafia members know who each other are, but no one knows anyone else’s role except me. I have sent more specific instructions to the members of the Mafia, the Doctor, and the Cop. If you did not receive a PM from me, then you are a regular townsfolk/townie. If you're actually reading this wall of text add "+1" to the end of your next post and I'll like it.

Standard EB-mafia game rules apply which means PMing is allowed!! Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @SaltySteve
and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Example: @SaltySteve I vote for @blybrook PE because they're a bear and have someone's leg hanging from their mouth.

Please submit your votes by 9:00 PM EST/8:00 PM Central/7:00 PM Mountain/6:00 PM Pacific Time/Whatever Roar and Bly-time ; I will count votes after that time as being for the next day.

Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated. If there is a tie for most votes, I will pick one of the voted users at random and/or require the tied players to send me 10 rounds of 'rock, paper, scissors'. PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO VOTE STARTING WEDNESDAY NIGHT. NOT VOTING WILL RESULT IN YOUR VOTE BEING CAST FOR YOURSELF. MISSING TWO VOTES IN A ROW WILL RESULT IN YOUR UNTIMELY DEATH.

Finally, you are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.

For reference, the 21 players in this round are:

@tj_PE

@rebecca1

@DuranDuran

@vhab49_PE

@jean15paul_PE

@NikR_PE

@chart94

@squaretaper LIT AF PE

@JayKay PE

@RBHeadge PE

@LyceeFruit PE

@txjennah PE

@Roarbark

@Dothracki

@EyehatethePEexam

@fowler

@ChebyshevII PE

@CUniverse

@MadamPirate PE

@harshaPEAZ

@TrickShotG

I will be sending out messages for specific roles after 5pm today or in the morning. If you do not receive a message, then you are a regular townie.

If you have any questions, or you would like me to tell you which players are still standing, please let me know.

Good luck to everyone! Let's have fun!
@DuranDuran PE You're going to need 2 more to beat my record for largest Mafia game. ;-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will announce rules/roles Monday morning. In the meantime, get ready for:

MURDER ON THE POLAR EXPRESS

Prologue:

Dawn was breaking in Eastern Washington. Most of the small town of Chewelah, population of about 2,600, was still asleep, but a young boy was trudging through the snow to retrieve the morning paper for his dad. He glanced at the headline, “Delays in shipping will anger Christmas shoppers!” but didn’t seem to care. Christmas was a dumb holiday anyway, and as long as there was plenty to eat and the carolers kept to themselves, he was quite content staying at home playing his video games.

Before he opened the door to go inside, the boy heard the train whistle. At first he didn’t see it through the thick fog, but soon the Pere Marquette 1225 came into view. As it slowed to a stop, the boy stood awe-struck at the conductor standing outside one of the cars. “What’s your name boy?”, said a tall, thin man with glasses and a mustache. “Audi”, said the boy. “What’s a train doing here and why does it look so old-fashioned?” “This is the Polar Express. We usually pick up kids like you on Christmas Eve, but we’re in a crisis and we need to get supplies delivered to the North Pole so the elves will be able to make gifts in time for Christmas! We’re on our way, but first we need to stop by Seattle. If you come with us, we’ll provide you with extra gifts for your family. Whaddya say?”

Audi gave the conductor a blank stare, then replied, “No. Christmas is stupid.” “Suit yourself!”, and conductor started to close the door.

“WAIT!”, cried a girl running through the snow. “I want to help. I want go!” said @JayKay PE . “Great!”, said the conductor. “Just be warned though, there are rumors some of the passengers want to hijack the train and use whatever cargo we get to sell on the black market. Be careful and don’t trust anyone. ALL ABOARD! WE’RE OFF TO SEATTLE.” The train started heading West.

We have 20 players signed up. Is this the largest mafia round to date? Here is the list of players I have. I'm going to lock the list at noon today and start assigning roles and try to come up with a theme. If you're not on this list an would like to play, please let me know.

If there is an asterisk by your name, it means you're a new player and will be granted immunity on the first day. This means you can't die/get voted out the first day or night. Also, in celebration of this being the last WTTS, I'm granting our founding Mafia godfather @ChebyshevII PE immunity on the first day. I joined the mafia game during the October '19 WTTS and it was great therapy!

Game will start Monday and roles will be sent out Monday morning.

View attachment 26228
I don't see an * in front of my name I guess I have to refrain from voting for a very imp player for the town in the first round to save myself... lol

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will announce rules/roles Monday morning. In the meantime, get ready for:

MURDER ON THE POLAR EXPRESS

Prologue:

Dawn was breaking in Eastern Washington. Most of the small town of Chewelah, population of about 2,600, was still asleep, but a young boy was trudging through the snow to retrieve the morning paper for his dad. He glanced at the headline, “Delays in shipping will anger Christmas shoppers!” but didn’t seem to care. Christmas was a dumb holiday anyway, and as long as there was plenty to eat and the carolers kept to themselves, he was quite content staying at home playing his video games.

Before he opened the door to go inside, the boy heard the train whistle. At first he didn’t see it through the thick fog, but soon the Pere Marquette 1225 came into view. As it slowed to a stop, the boy stood awe-struck at the conductor standing outside one of the cars. “What’s your name boy?”, said a tall, thin man with glasses and a mustache. “Audi”, said the boy. “What’s a train doing here and why does it look so old-fashioned?” “This is the Polar Express. We usually pick up kids like you on Christmas Eve, but we’re in a crisis and we need to get supplies delivered to the North Pole so the elves will be able to make gifts in time for Christmas! We’re on our way, but first we need to stop by Seattle. If you come with us, we’ll provide you with extra gifts for your family. Whaddya say?”

Audi gave the conductor a blank stare, then replied, “No. Christmas is stupid.” “Suit yourself!”, and conductor started to close the door.

“WAIT!”, cried a girl running through the snow. “I want to help. I want go!” said @JayKay PE . “Great!”, said the conductor. “Just be warned though, there are rumors some of the passengers want to hijack the train and use whatever cargo we get to sell on the black market. Be careful and don’t trust anyone. ALL ABOARD! WE’RE OFF TO SEATTLE.” The train started heading West.
Oh Audi. Sometimes I think I can still hear his voice. @Unintended Max P.E. is a poor imitation.

Back