Does anyone work at Boeing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lara123

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a recent College graduate and I have worked in a structural firm since I graduated, but I am interested in obtaining a job at Boeing. I tried applying but no luck I don't think my resume passes the screening process. Can anyone help me with that?

Good luck on this one, it's not easy. The aerospace companies are extremely difficult to get into unless you are in a specialty field. The number of applicants for the normal engineering categories is huge, and for college grads, they heavily favor candidates that interned with the company.

I came across the same situation with Lockheed Martin a few years back, and only got the time of day because of a) a specialty/niche area, and B ) a sister who was the teacher for the children of the company President's kids!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on this one, it's not easy. The aerospace companies are extremely difficult to get into unless you are in a specialty field. The number of applicants for the normal engineering categories is huge, and for college grads, they heavily favor candidates that interned with the company.

I came across the same situation with Lockheed Martin a few years back, and only got the time of day because of a) a specialty/niche area, and B ) a sister who was the teacher for the children of the company President's kids!

[/q

So i should forget about it. Right now is really difficult to get a job period, trying to get into one of these companies must be extremely hard right now that they can pretty much pick anyone they want.

Hello everyone,
I am a recent College graduate and I have worked in a structural firm since I graduated, but I am interested in obtaining a job at Boeing. I tried applying but no luck I don't think my resume passes the screening process. Can anyone help me with that?
I realize that this is a few months old, but if you think you're getting lost in the screening process, then try to find some college career fairs where these types of companies are likely to be. Talk to the recruiters there and try to distinguish yourself.

Back