Do you ever feel ready?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechMark

Reaction score
So I'm going to take the Mechanical exam in April, and I've been studying for about a month so far. I've found that as I study, I go from thinking I understand what's going on to having no clue, occasionally on the same problem. I'm hoping this will change and things will approve as I study more and get closer to the test, but is that the case? Do you ever truly feel "ready" for the exam, or do a lot of people go into the test feeling semi-uneasy, even after all their preparation?

I guess I'm hoping for reassurance since I'm more nervous for this exam than I was for the FE, the LEED AP and any college exam put together, and it's still 3 months away!

Last edited by a moderator:
you will probably find mixed feelings on this, but i would say majority of the people would say they prepared, but not neccesarily ready...if that makes sense.

just keep grinding, you have lots of time. Do one problem at a time and keep practicing different problems, especially your PM section. A couple weeks before the exam, you will be totally sick of doing problems and just want to take the exam NOW. Thats when you stop doing problems, start organize your notes, take the week before the exam off and relax. Then, go pass that thing.

Back