do we need tables or would they provide values (Industrial PE)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

industrial

Reaction score
for industrial PE exam, anyone with past experience knows if I need to take tables/charts (such as z, f statistic) or they provide values as one of the inputs in questions?

I would take whatever tables or charts that you think may be necessary for the industrial discipline. I took the industrial discipline a few years ago and I had reference materials that contained the types of graphs and charts that you describe.

Do NOT assume that specific charts or graphs may be provided for you. As long as there is no limit on how many references you can take into the examination, I would take those types of charts. If, as NCEES is discussing going to either a closed book or computer based format, there may be a restriction on the number of reference materials that you can take. That is not the case today-- so insure that if you think that you may need a specific chart or graph, take it with you. You will not be disappointed.

I actually had a version of the FE Reference Manual (the one they give you when you are taking the FE exam) with me for the PE. That thing has a ton of useful equations, charts, graphs, and tables in it, and it's well organized.. It comes in handy on straight math problems, statistics, and engineering econ.

wilheldp_PE, you are right. FE Reference manual is a great resource.

I was wondering if exam proctors provide it during exam. But looks like NOT.

Also, FE Reference manual by NCEES does not cover tables for OSHA TWA noise, AQL sampling, etc. I might have to visit web to get copy of those. Again great input wilheldp_PE. Thanks

I agree with wilheld_PE and solomonb. But if you are going to bring a lot of charts, you might want to create your own chart book, I would at least tab them and create an index to help find them.

wilheldp_PE, you are right. FE Reference manual is a great resource.
I was wondering if exam proctors provide it during exam. But looks like NOT.

Also, FE Reference manual by NCEES does not cover tables for OSHA TWA noise, AQL sampling, etc. I might have to visit web to get copy of those. Again great input wilheldp_PE. Thanks
I don't know what state you are in, but the FE manual is specifically forbidden in IL.

Back