Dirty Laundry

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Kind of Laundry Detergent do you use?

• Tide

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Gain

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 7th Generation (or other natural product)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cheer

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • ALL

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Purex or Dreft

• Arm and Hammer

• Whatever is on sale/store brand

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Not listed

• You mean I'm supposed to wash my clothes?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask my spouse...

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
TIde free& gentle or whatever name they use for the dye and perfume free stuff. I am allergic to most of the other brands listed or they just smell to replusive for my use.

I just know I need to get my dirty clothes into the bin when I'm done with them. Magically, they re-appear a few days later in the closet either hung up or folded on the shelves...

Sooo...my son did a science fair project to test which detergent works best at getting whites (cotton socks, to be exact) clean in cold water washes, and the results...Cheer. Ever since then, we have used Cheer...Scientifically proven to work better. ;)

That was an expensive project, given even the smallest size containers are not cheap.

Cheer has also been scientifically proven to make my arm rash out...

^^^That's a bummer...folks in our crew react the same way to Tide...before Cheer, we used to Arm& Hammer.

We just switched to ALL Free and Clear. Mini-Buff has sensitive skin, and we have currently been trying to find the right dye and perfume free detergent that can clean the clothes well. So far, ALL is the winner.

Arm & Hammer because it's cheaper than most, but less crappy than the really cheap stuff.

We just switched to ALL Free and Clear. Mini-Buff has sensitive skin, and we have currently been trying to find the right dye and perfume free detergent that can clean the clothes well. So far, ALL is the winner.
minisnick has his own laundry soap since we have found that even the tide free stuff bugs his skin. We use the same stuff I used for the cloth diapers for his clothes....always have. For the life of me I can't think of the name, but a little bit goes a long way. When the current bottle is gone I was going to try tide again because it looks like they changed the formula.

That's what I use. The ex-wife like it because she has sensitive skin, but it does the trick on nasty ass dog towels, and my clothes don't smell like perfume, so I've stuck with it.

Back