Difficulty of PE Mechanical Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How difficult was the PE Mechanical Exam?

• Easier than expected, 1st time test taker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Easier than expected, repeat test taker

• As difficult as expected, 1st time test taker

• As difficult as expected, repeat test taker

• Harder than expected, 1st time test taker

• Harder than expected, repeat test taker

• I don't know?

• Total voters
I haven't heard any post in the four weeks I've been at this site. Maybe that means we all pass every time?

:congrats:

It appears since I've been around that ME's are relatively few compared to Civils.

Ed

There were twice as many civils at my site Friday than all the other disciplines combined. I've often wondered what that does to their salaries............

:dunno:

I think its because a very large percentage of CEs work in consulting firms. Perhaps that is the main means of employment for them- as opposed to MEs working in factories, controls contracting firms, mechanical contracting firms, etc...

Consulting firms look up to PE licenses. Since CEs mainly work in firms, many of them go after the PE.

I really never had anyone care that I went after my PE license except for the times I worked in consulting firms.

This is just my hunch.

Ed

That could be it. My line of thinking was that for all the development that's taking place that needs CE's to desing the site work, roads, etc., there are just as many buildings that need HVAC systems in them. I thought the numbers would be closer, there were almost seven times more CE's than ME's at my site Friday. Of course, my site isn't necessarily representative of the entire universe. :D

How do you find out how many of each disciplinie is at your site? I'd like to see how many ME PEs are being put through each year in my state.

Ed

Anything for my fellow ME. We need to stick together will all of these Civil's flying around here.

Back